What's new

2017 DVD Guesses? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. We have three months and a few days left of 2016. To soon to start guessing what might come out in 2017? In the "old" days, we used to have an idea what might be coming out in three months (about). Now, we have almost no clues to guess about. But does anyone still want to try?

James

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Season 8 of Newhart is pretty much all I'm betting on being a lock for a release.

Bob's Burgers season 6 will probably get a MOD release after season 7 is over next June.

Maybe Sony and ABC will get their current sitcoms out on DVD (Goldbergs, Blackish, Fresh off the Boat), probably on MOD for Sony, but I'm not holding my breath.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I would love to see Babylon 5 on bluray with all the special effects redone, like what was done for Star Trek: The Next Generation blurays. Though I strongly suspect this will not happen anytime soon.

(Seasons 2, 3, and 4 of Babylon 5 are one of the few dvds which have a lot of rewatch value for me).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
My Holiest Holy Grail shows Hot Wheels & Skyhawks with two or more others on my Grail List.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I'm pretty confident Rifleman season 5 will come out next fall. Beyond that, I will keep my fingers crossed, but I won't be holding my breath. Although there's bound to be one or two nice surprises (didn't Randy just promise that 77 Sunset Strip would be out next year?!?). It does seem like the glory days are in the rear view mirror, so I'm going to try to focus on enjoying what I already have and not getting my hopes up. Too much.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
The only shows I feel sure about for 2017 are Newhart, Lou Grant, and more MST3K.

In the "maybe" category, I'd place the rest of The Eleventh Hour (assuming it doesn't happen before this year is up). And perhaps another season of CHiPs.

As far as all the shows that were supposed to come out from VEI last year and this year which have been pushed back to next year...I'll believe it when I see it.

Ideally The Defenders Season 2 will come out next year, but I don't see it as a sure thing. (More like wishful thinking.)

Hopefully there will be some surprises, especially from WAC and Shout. But prospects are looking a bit slim at the moment.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. It was just announced on thedigitalbits.com that two Depatie Freling cartoons will be coming out: The Blue Racer and Sheriff Hoot Kloo. Not what I was expecting, but they are from the sixties and the seventies. So . . . . that's a plus.

James

Wezzo

Second Unit
Season 8 of Newhart is pretty much all I'm betting on being a lock for a release.

Bob's Burgers season 6 will probably get a MOD release after season 7 is over next June.

Maybe Sony and ABC will get their current sitcoms out on DVD (Goldbergs, Blackish, Fresh off the Boat), probably on MOD for Sony, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Goldbergs (Sony) I suspect will get an MOD release for S3 somewhen soon.

Fresh off the Boat and Last Man on Earth (both Fox) I also suspect will get S2 MOD releases shortly.

And I hope The Middle (Warner) will be getting an S7 release soon, through WAC like S5-6.

Not too sure about Black-ish though, Disney/ABC haven't really embraced MOD and their TV-DVD and TV-BD releases have slowed to a trickle. With even the Marvel shows not getting Stateside physical releases, and Black-ish S1 having been an Amazon exclusive, I don't hold out much hope for an S2 set.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
In the "maybe" category, I'd place the rest of The Eleventh Hour (assuming it doesn't happen before this year is up). And perhaps another season of CHiPs.

I'd think that CHiPs would be out in full in '17, as well (maybe even in a lot release after all six seasons' worth are put out individually).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks