What's new

Something for Everyone (1971) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
150297_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
By all means let us know what it looks like. I think most of us already know that the film itself is wonderful. I've been holding off ordering it until I see some reviews.

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
I watched the disc last night and am happy to report that it looks very nice. Picture-wise the color is quite vibrant. Some minus density dirt here and there. There are some shots sprinkled throughout that are a little dupey looking. These are not optical shots (fades, dissolves) so it's unclear why they have lost a couple of generations of quality. Still, they're brief. The opticals are a little rough, but that's to be expected. Splice bumps at shot changes are present. Likely only to annoy film techies like me.

Sound-wise, this was apparently sourced from a track negative. Pops and clicks from time to time, even an un-blooped splice, which was surprising. The track is somewhat muffled with a bit of distortion. Not bad by any means, it just sounds a little "thick."

Having only seen this in a faded 35mm print, the Blu-ray is a revelation with its gorgeous hues. An excellent film too. If you're a fan, it's a must-have. Those who haven't seen it, give it a try. I'm thrilled that this has landed on Blu-ray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks