What's new

Dracula AD 1972 (1972)- coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
DRACULA AD 1972 (1972)
NEW 2018 1080p HD remaster!
Run Time 96:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.78:1, 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN
COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50

London’s become a small town for a handful of jaded psychedelic-era hipsters. But Johnny Alucard has a groovy new way for his pals to get their kicks. A certain ritual will be the living end, he insists. And if you still wonder where Johnny’s coming from, try spelling his last name backwards.
FB_IMG_1537306956356.jpg

Dracula is raised into the modern era in this Hammer Studios shocker that’s “quite well done” (John Stanley, Creature Features). Christopher Lee dons the cape for the sixth time and seeks out fresh victims. As archnemesis Van Helsing, fellow horror legend Peter Cushing clutches a vial of holy water and edges within throwing distance. Their harrowing battle royale is not to be missed. In fact, it’s the living end.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Great news. I'm definitely glad WAC did release more than 1 horror title this October :)
This and Satanic Rites of Dracula will make a lot of Hammer and Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing fans happy.
I told you they had more horror titles for October. :) I wasn't expecting Dracula movies but Im glad they're coming

Last edited:

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Got mine a couple of years ago from Germany region free. Of all the Hammer BR I have I watch A.D 1972 the most as its around the time I literally walked into Christopher Lee in London, my word he was so tall.

I do hope Satanic Rights gets a BR release as you mention as my Laserdisc of it is starting to creak :blink:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
YES Randy ! Very, Very Happy ! Finally WB released the last 2 Hammer Dracula films with Sir Christopher and Peter Cushing ! Now, if we can get Curse of Frankenstein and Horror of Dracula. The UK Bluray of Dracula is very good. Curse UK Bluray is very week : ( But still better than Nothing.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well Shout has made a deal with WB, maybe they licensed some Hammer titles ? Time will tell if that's the case

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I'm absolutely delighted with this news! Satanic Rites and AD 1972 are among my last 'holy grail' films to be released in HD. (Being picky, I'd rather they'd been released by Shout! as we would have probably seen some new extras).

Definite day-1 pickups for me!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Got mine a couple of years ago from Germany region free. Of all the Hammer BR I have I watch A.D 1972 the most as its around the time I literally walked into Christopher Lee in London, my word he was so tall.

I do hope Satanic Rights gets a BR release as you mention as my Laserdisc of it is starting to creak :blink:
I never bought the German release because of poor reviews. This is a brand new HD master so it should be a big improvement and worth an upgrade if you like the film

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well Shout has made a deal with WB, maybe they licensed some Hammer titles ? Time will tell if that's the case
Rumour has it that they did aquire some Hammer from Warner. You would think Warner would release these big two titles themselves but we'll see. I think Moon Zero Two and She could be with Shout and possibly Crescendo and Hysteria

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I guess Shout can do more with the Hammer titles as far as extras.

Another horror Id love is IT! with Roddy McDowall

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Rumour has it that they did aquire some Hammer from Warner. You would think Warner would release these big two titles themselves but we'll see. I think Moon Zero Two and She could be with Shout and possibly Crescendo and Hysteria

"She" with Cushing & Lee & Ursula Andress is a movie that deserves a restoration. Looks anemic on the MOD DVD and really bad on TCM airings.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Really enjoy the German A.D 1972 watching it on our projected 8ft screen it looks pretty good, but I will be interested to see what condition the film print used on another release of it will be looking like. It will be great to finally complete the BR Drac collection with the addition of Satanic Rights also. The film itself is another favourite here possibly one of the best in the series, it would have been nice to have witnessed a very special Blu-Ray along with the making of it perhaps but we will have to wait and see if any extras are included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks