What's new

The 2018 iPhone XS, XS Max and XR owners thread (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yah I had an old 5c running as my backup for the broken 7+ so that wouldn’t work.

I did do this with the iPad but it didn’t activate the Max onto my account.

Had to go to at.com/activate to do it.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
XS Max and X in Otterbox Statement cases, highly recommended.

iPhone X and XS Max in Otterbox Statement cases
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

How does the Statement case fit around the camera bump? Otterbox's site shows only the case for the iPhone X, not the XS. The camera bumps are slightly different in size between the X and XS.

Sam, can you give us a closeup photo of the camera bump on your XS (not the Max) with the Statement case installed?

Thanks!

Mark

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Any decent wireless chargers for $20 or less?
The Wirecutter has its recommendations.

A friend has the Anker, for $22. I think Wirecutter likes it. I don’t think it comes with an AC adapter, which is why it’s so affordable.
Anker 10W Wireless Charger, Qi-Certified Wireless Charging Pad, PowerPort Wireless 10 Compatible iPhone XS Max/XR/XS/8/8 Plus, iPhone X, 10W Fast-Charging Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/S7/S7 Edge More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KJL4XNY/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_uJMPBbBAPR8NX

My wife got me for an anniversary present this one that supports fast charging and includes the adapter for $45. I like it. But it has a tiny fan that whirs, in case that would bother you.
Anker PowerWave 7.5 Pad, 7.5W Fast Wireless Charger for iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, with 10W Fast Charge for Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ / S8 / S8+ / S7 / Note 8, LG G7 (with Quick Charge 3.0 AC Adapter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WRCW35/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_zKMPBbGCVYJK4

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Got my XS Friday afternoon from the local Apple Store - minimal wait in line most of the time was spent switching/transferring over from my old 8 Plus which I exchange for the XS as well as switching over my gen 3 Apple Watch to the XS. (Took about 2.5 hours total).

Most things went over smoothly. Love the new camera, love FaceID. Love how much smaller it is from the 8 Plus. Still haven't gotten around to look for a case - anyone know of a good transparent case?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
B7448C01-1BA5-4719-9B0B-DCD28C826421.jpeg
A couple of things I’ve seen on the new iPhone. Going from the 7+ to the Max.

Many apps still aren’t updated to allow for the notch on top.
Parts of the viewable screen area are not there.

I could do without The line that replaced the home button that appears when apps are open.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I could do without The line that replaced the home button that appears when apps are open.
Actually I find the line extremely useful for reminding me what to do rather than hunt for the non-existent home button.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks