What's new

Siri Shortcuts (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Anyone playing with the new Shortcuts app? What tasks are you creating...or hoping to create?

I’ve got the two I want to start, “go to work” and “go home”. The go to work tells me travel time and brings up the Apple Maps directions. The coming home one makes a text to my wife with my commute time, and then brings up the map. I want the map as a safety check, because a couple times a year my commute becomes a 90+ min disaster due to weather or accident, but with warning I can take an alternate route.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
a couple times a year my commute becomes a 90+ min disaster due to weather or accident, but with warning I can take an alternate route.
This happens to me at least once a week. Our state DOT has an app where I can check road conditions (handy in the winter) and traffic flow that is usually updated faster than maps.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
“Hey, Siri... I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.”

Siri Messages several CIA operatives to embarrassingly save my daughter from the boy down the street who I dislike.

Neat!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Is there any other reason to use Shortcuts?

C2688CCF-D2BC-4309-B9F4-25C0FE9A55E4.jpeg

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I run. So I made one that tells me what yesterday’s step count was, and my average body weight for the past week, enriched with Siri making naughty remarks based on my progress. Shortcuts are sometimes glitchy, but they work.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There is a new Shortcuts database that you can download other people's shortcuts. Thing is, I'm not bright enough to figure out how to install and use it. Well, install...yes....but use it? The app doesn't give the commands.

I created a shortcut myself so I am not totally stupid. My shortcut enacts all the alarms I need at work:

Start Work; Clock Out Lunch; Clock In Lunch; Don't forget to take your phone off the charger and put in your pocket.

I just say "Alarms" to Siri and it enacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks