What's new

Pre-Order Bogart & Bacall: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

To Have and Have Not
The Big Sleep
Key Largo
Dark Passage

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 61BPX4vqXSL._SL1000_.jpg
    61BPX4vqXSL._SL1000_.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
A blu ray version of an old Signature Collection. Now if they would do one for Tracy and Hepburn,which haven't previously be been released on blu ray, that would really be something. I, like many others, have the individual releases of the Bogart and Bacall films.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Goes well with the 4 film Bogart package.

Last edited:

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
A blu ray version of an old Signature Collection. Now if they would do one for Tracy and Hepburn,which haven't previously be been released on blu ray, that would really be something. I, like many others, have the individual releases of the Bogart and Bacall films.
Except that is highly unlikely to happen (at least, not from WAC), for several reasons. First, they already licensed out Woman of the Year to Criterion. Firstly, they are not going to release movies as sets first. I mean, look at the current price tag for this: $39.99, making it about $10 a movie, and that's before they discount it before it gets released! Considering they price EVERYTHING about the same (including their two movie collections for Superman the Movie and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers), there is no way anything NEW is going to be released for this type of price!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Even though the single releases were from the Warner Archive, this release appears to be from Warner Home Video. There is no Warner Archive logo on the cover.
Yeah, but does it really make a difference with these titles as they're going to simply re-packaged the same discs into this boxset. In the end, it's still Warner Home Video/Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Reactions: PMF

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but does it really make a difference with these titles as they're going to simply re-packaged the same discs into this boxset.
No it doesn't. I only mentioned it in regards to pricing which is much lower than if it came from the archive in response to Astairefan.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've passed on the individual releases of these simply because I felt my DVD set was "good enough" and the prices for the individual titles was more than I wanted to pay. I'll likely double-dip on this once the discounts start to hit.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From back in the day there were complaints when Warner released a box set with 3 of 4 films new to DVD or Blu ray and one previously released film which people would refer to as a coaster as most people had it already. Relatively recent sets like this were the 1939 movies set which included Gone With the Wind and a Musicals set that included "Singin' in the Rain". I would gladly take a set with a coaster if we could get box sets with new to blu movies especially from the 30's and 40's.

I would like to have Costco start selling blu rays other than Disney titles again but that is probably not going to happen ether.

On a positive note perhaps this is the start of films moving from Archive exclusives to Walmart .

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BOGART AND BACALL: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION (1944, 1946, 1947, 1948)
Run Time 420:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration 4-BD 50

TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT (1944)
BD50
1.37:1
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English Mono; Subtitles: English SDH, Francais & Espanol
100 Min
Special Features: Vintage Merrie Melodies Short "Bacall to Arms" (Remastered in HD); "A Love Story: the Story of To Have and Have Not" featurette; Lux Radio Broadcast starring Bogart and Bacall; Theatrical Trailer (HD)

THE BIG SLEEP (1946)
BD-50
B&W-114 Min.
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - Spanish, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - French
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish SDH
SPECIAL FEATURES:
Theatrical Trailer (HD)
Alternate 1945 Pre-release Version with previously unissued INTRODUCTION by UCLA Film Preservation Officer Robert Gitt
THE BIG SLEEP 1945/1946 COMPARISONS - Uncut Robert Gitt "Lecture" Version (30 Minutes). Nearly twice the length of the Comparisons feature as seen on DVD.

DARK PASSAGE (1947)
BD50
1.37:1
DTS-HD Master Audio: English 2.0 Mono, Dolby Digital: Français 2.0 Mono & Español 2.0 Mono (Both Castillian & Latin)
Subtitles: English SDH, Français & Español
Special Features:
"Hold Your Breath and Cross Your Fingers: The Story of Dark Passage" Featurette
"Slick Hare" Theatrical Animated Short (HD)
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

KEY LARGO (1948)
B&W-105 Min.
BD-50
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - Spanish, DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 - French
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish SDH
SPECIAL FEATURES:
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

This sizzling four-film collection celebrates two of Hollywood’s greatest: the on- and off-camera team of tough guy Humphrey Bogart and cool gal Lauren Bacall. Their love of their craft, as well as each other, and the gift of their timeless talent are showcased in this glorious 4-disc set, full of action, laughs, suspense, danger and, above all, a romance that forever sparks a flame in the hearts of all movie fans.

https://www.facebook.com/warnerarch...TLhhi1lVV4qsVGwK_P1yEebC6_1UDhL&__tn__=EEHH-R

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Well, based on the fact that WAC announced this, I would assume it IS a WAC release (and it's not like all of their releases have their logo on the cover). But my point in my original post was that this release is ENTIRELY previously released material, hence why the lower price. Obviously, we all have different groups of movies we would like to see in a set, like the Astaire-Rogers movies, the Tracy-Hepburn films, etc., but when all the individual releases are coming out with that $21.99 price (before discounts are taken), and that price tag is partially a reflection of the budget they have to work with (at least, I gathered with Seven Brides they didn't fully restore the flat version because they were aiming for that $21.99 price tag), so a set of previously unreleased material with WAC's usual quality is HIGHLY unlikely to come from WAC (Criterion, on the other hand...). Of course, it remains to be seen what they have planned for their March 2019 releases (since that will be WAC's tenth anniversary).

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
I bought the Bogart blu-ray collection (Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, Treasure of Sierra Madre & African Queen) earlier this year and have been holding off on buying the individual Bogart/Bacall Blu-rays in hopes of such a collection.
I will be picking this one up for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks