What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 10-23-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey RoundUppers!

Some interesting stuff hits the shelves this week!

For me, Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (well, for my wife)...and Celebrating Mickey.

Hope you all find something you like.

Safe shopping!

And--AS ALWAYS--thanks for the 'likes.' I don't want you to think they go unnoticed and unappreciated.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is the only movie all summer that I saw twice in theaters and I can't wait to get the disc.

I'll probably end up with Celebrating Mickey and Sorry to Bother You at some point down the line.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like a guilty pleasure with some Vestron Video action for me: Maximum Overdrive

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Looks like 'Get Shorty' (one of my all-time favorites) is just a re-hash of the MGM Blu (extras wise), with a new transfer. Don't think I'll need to double dip on this one.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the prices, Mike.

A couple of desirables this week, but I'll likely wait for more advantageous pricing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike!

The first Mamma Mia! wasn't what you'd call a good movie, but it was an exuberant and fun one. If the sequel is more of the same, then it will definitely at least merit a rental.

Sorry to Bother You will also merit a rental, since I missed it in theaters.

What is going on with "The 100" Season 5 on Blu-ray? It was supposed to come out last week with the DVD release, then it was supposed to come out a week from Tuesday, now it's listed for November 13th. is Warner Archive having manufacturing issues?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Celebrating Mickey and Mamma Mia...the former this week, the latter when I get back from Europe in 2 weeks. My guess is Amazon is going to be weird about this Disney release and I'll be going out to find it in store Tuesday night.

Thank you Mike!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm posting this here because it does relate to a release this week:

I just got back from the Twilight Fathom Event.

The film looked better than I have ever seen it before. Before the movie they showed a bonus feature from the coming UHD release of Twilight. This bonus feature is one of the best ones I have seen in a few years. Jackson Rathbone and Catherine Hardwicke took us for a tour of Twilight filming locations 10 years after filming there. The owner of the Cullen house says that he gets hundreds of tourists a year. A group of about 8 tourists showed up while they were shooting the bonus feature.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just a head's up that Amazon is selling the 30 film Universal Classic Collection on Blu-ray for $69.99! This sale is only for today while supplies last.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My guess is Amazon is going to be weird about this Disney release and I'll be going out to find it in store Tuesday night.

There may be some truth to Jason's expectation.

I have two Amazon pre-orders this week: Mamma Mia 2 and Celebrating Mickey.

I just got notice that Mamma Mia 2 has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Celebrating Mickey...not so much. I just checked my account and the item is listed as:

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

The product page says:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just got notice that Mamma Mia 2 has shipped and will arrive tomorrow.

Oddly enough, mine has not. Weird.

And regarding Celebrating Mickey -- I'm not going to trust Amazon on any future Disney titles, period.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I might just have to dance the dance with an Amazon customer service rep asking why I'm not getting that title on its release date...even though I ordered it several weeks in advance.

Anyone who sees Celebrating Mickey in a B&M, PLEASE report it here.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I might just have to dance the dance with an Amazon customer service rep asking why I'm not getting that title on its release date...even though I ordered it several weeks in advance.

Anyone who sees Celebrating Mickey in a B&M, PLEASE report it here.

It's supposed to be at Best Buy, but the store inventory won't update until tomorrow morning sometime.

Walmart Brickseek price is $14.96 so hopefully that means something will show up instore or online just as a Price Match item

Target -- using one of the Inventory apps it does appear some stores are showing up to 4 in house though none of my usual closest stores.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

You could do that, but you probably know more about the reason for this than they do. The ongoing Amazon/Disney feud isn't something that the customer service reps are going to admit to even if they know about it, which I doubt they do. To be honest, I'm surprised Amazon was offering pre-orders for this title as long as they did, since usually they get pulled much sooner. Best case scenario they'll probably extend your Prime membership another month.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Oddly enough, mine has not. Weird.

Maybe I should come complain here about Amazon shipments more often; the shipping notice on Mamma Mia! just came through.

They're saying it will arrive by 11pm, though, which is significantly later than the standard 8pm. It's being delivered by the post office, so I suspect it will still end up here late afternoon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread