What's new

King Of Queens Older Single-Season DVDs...Broadcast Or Syndicated Versions? (1 Viewer)

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I've recently noticed that some of the episodes on the first KOQ DVDs (non-Apple/non-boxed set) released prior to 2010, some are even under twenty minutes long. Typically, half-hour programs usually clock in around 22:00.

I purchased (discs) and backed-up all nine individual seasons, but haven't added all of them into iTunes, so to name only a couple:

Sandwiched Out - 19:23

Single Spaced - 19:25

Anyone know if these are the original broadcast versions, or the syndicated versions?

TIA

just some guy

Auditioning
Real Name
john
I've recently noticed that some of the episodes on the first KOQ DVDs (non-Apple/non-boxed set) released prior to 2010, some are even under twenty minutes long. Typically, half-hour programs usually clock in around 22:00.

I purchased (discs) and backed-up all nine individual seasons, but haven't added all of them into iTunes, so to name only a couple:

Sandwiched Out - 19:23

Single Spaced - 19:25

Anyone know if these are the original broadcast versions, or the syndicated versions?

TIA
I have the second complete set Sony Released which was just the old DVDs repackaged into two spindles in a case. I've noticed at least one of the episodes has been cut. The part that was cut out was Doug got injured and had to go to Dr Becker and met a new friend (Bill Cosby).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have the delivery truck set.
Never noticed any cuts

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I have the second complete set Sony Released which was just the old DVDs repackaged into two spindles in a case. I've noticed at least one of the episodes has been cut. The part that was cut out was Doug got injured and had to go to Dr Becker and met a new friend (Bill Cosby).

Apparently CBS tied in The KOQ, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The Cosby Show to the Becker episode 'Drive, They Said' that has the stars of the former three shows together in the Becker's waiting room?

Every site I checked had conflicting explanations and KOQ episodes. My above one could also be suspect regarding the correct Becker episode.

I guess it was only seen once (maybe twice if the Becker episode was repeated during the summer), but never in syndication or DVD releases.

Also not included via YouTube.

Addition/edit...I just now Googled it and low and behold I was led to this link!:

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/king-of-queens-episode-cut.153346/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 9.02.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 9.02.00 AM.png
    811.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I have the delivery truck set.
Never noticed any cuts

I bought some of mine individually on the Sony Lot when each season came available, then the rest retail.

It just seems odd that some eps are clocking in @ 19:00+ instead of the standard 22:00+.

I've got about 30 episodes on my MacBook, some on one of my other Macs in storage and the rest on an Ext. HD. Maybe if I get bored enough to remember, I'll do a random check just for curiosities sake to see how many others are clocking in at 19:00+.

It's been done many times for 'Complete Season' DVDs to edit full scenes or even a joke or two.

Whether or not this is the case with KOQ is up for grabs.

Either way, 'Single Spaced' is probably in my top twenty KOQ episodes, and I still enjoy it nonetheless, even via syndicated repeats!

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's been done many times for 'Complete Season' DVDs to edit full scenes or even a joke or two.

Or even for music, as on later seasonals of The Odd Couple, and the original one-and-done of WKRP (before Shout! got hold of it and managed to get quite the preponderance of the music back for the all-in-one of that hit 1978-82 CBS comedy)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks