What's new

Stan Lee passed away (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
https://www.thewrap.com/stan-lee-dies-at-95-marvel-comics/

Comic books have always been a part of who I am. I started collecting when I was 10, and The Amazing Spider-Man was my favorite comic book. I learned a lot of lessons through that book, and identified with the hero in so many ways. Thank you Stan Lee for being such a big part of my childhood, and teenage years.

Rest in Peace.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The closest equivalent to this death is when Walt Disney died in 1966. His impact, both as a creative force in the early decades of Marvel and as a figurehead and mascot in more recent decades, cannot be overstated.

We should see him on screen at least one more time, since he'd already shot his cameo for the fourth Avengers movie.

I didn’t see this thread so I started one in After Hours Lounge.
Before I saw this thread, I was debating whether to start one in this forum or After Hours Lounge. He's had such an expansive career, it's hard to peg him to one area.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
243390_1[1].jpg

R.I.P.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's very sad...

but..

95 is a very long life, and he obviously had a tremendous career and leaves a huge legacy which is going to continue on for years to come.

So, there's that.

Presumably, at the very least Captain Marvel will get a dedication card now as it is Marvel's next release, but I wonder if they might also do that on Avengers 4, which, as the culminating film of the MCU to date, seems like an appropriate place to mark his passing in a major way.

Also: I hate to say this, but...which film is the last one he shot a cameo in? Far From Home?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sad to see him go.

I think they should digitally insert him into future Marvel movies as an ongoing easter egg tribute. As I recall, he shoots multiple versions of his cameo scenes, so there must be plenty of unused material available. Or would that be too creepy?

Obviously, I didn't know him, but from what I do know of him, I'd think he'd love it.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Sad to see him go.

I think they should digitally insert him into future Marvel movies as an ongoing easter egg tribute. As I recall, he shoots multiple versions of his cameo scenes, so there must be plenty of unused material available. Or would that be too creepy?

Obviously, I didn't know him, but from what I do know of him, I'd think he'd love it.
I’m imaging we will see little things like a portrait of him hanging on the wall of X-Mansion or in the random Marvel super hero’s home or office.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
The closest equivalent to this death is when Walt Disney died in 1966. His impact, both as a creative force in the early decades of Marvel and as a figurehead and mascot in more recent decades, cannot be overstated.

Respectfully Adam, I would argue Jim Henson belongs in that category as well. More so for my money.

Anyway RIP Stan. I'll miss your cameos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks