What's new

Mill Creek blu ray of Nightwing/Shadow Of The Hawk (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone else got the Mill Creek blu ray of these films? I ask because on my blu ray player the films are zoomed in rather than in their original aspect ratio. This may be a manufacturing error. For example, at the beginning credits, we see the lady with the torch but the Columbia logo is completely cut off. Wondering if perhaps my player is faulty, I put on several blus that played fine in their OAR without being zoomed in. As I said, I suspect it's a manufacturing error. Anyone else have the same problem with the blu ray?

I'll be contacting Amazon tomorrow but I don't want to get a replacement if it's a manufacturing error (unless the problem has been corrected) rather than an anomaly.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Has anyone else got the Mill Creek blu ray of these films? I ask because on my blu ray player the films are zoomed in rather than in their original aspect ratio. This may be a manufacturing error. For example, at the beginning credits, we see the lady with the torch but the Columbia logo is completely cut off. Wondering if perhaps my player is faulty, I put on several blus that played fine in their OAR without being zoomed in. As I said, I suspect it's a manufacturing error. Anyone else have the same problem with the blu ray?

I'll be contacting Amazon tomorrow but I don't want to get a replacement if it's a manufacturing error (unless the problem has been corrected) rather than an anomaly.

I have this in my Amazon queue -- at that price, I can handle disappointment. Guess I'll wait to order until hearing whether your "zoom-in" issue is unique to you.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I have this in my Amazon queue -- at that price, I can handle disappointment. Guess I'll wait to order until hearing whether your "zoom-in" issue is unique to you.

Amazon is sending me a full refund. I will reorder when and if I hear the manufacturing error has been fixed. Certainly I'd love to hear if others have purchased it without any zooming problems.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I just got this disc. The rating screen and the Columbia logo before each movie are zoomed in. I have not watched either of the movies yet but I spot checked a few moments in both. I don't think the movies are zoomed in but I have never seen them in their original aspect ratio. I will monitor this tread to see if anybody reports a replacement program but I'm going to keep the disc.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
This may be a manufacturing error. For example, at the beginning credits, we see the lady with the torch but the Columbia logo is completely cut off.

Neither movie is zoomed in. Both have an aspect ratio of 1.85:1 and are presented correctly.

Both movies use the correct Columbia logo for the era. The words "Columbia Pictures" are not present in this version when the lady with the torch is on screen.

Here's a version from 1977 in 1.85:1:

Here's a 2.35:1 version from Close Encounters:

Hope this helps!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Neither movie is zoomed in. Both have an aspect ratio of 1.85:1 and are presented correctly.

Both movies use the correct Columbia logo for the era. The words "Columbia Pictures" are not present in this version when the lady with the torch is on screen.

Here's a version from 1977 in 1.85:1:

Here's a 2.35:1 version from Close Encounters:

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Tom. It does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks