What's new

Can I download Amazon Prime Videos To My PC?? (1 Viewer)

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
I'm a physical media collector by nature and habit but I do have iTunes with a couple of movies and TV shows on it. What I like about iTunes is its very easy. I click 'Purchase' and it downloads. I can see the downloaded file on my hard drive so it's mine and I can make a backup.

I thought I'd give Amazon Prime videos a go. Not a monthly or yearly subscription or anything. I simply purchased one episode of a cartoon series to watch on my PC. All I can seem to do is stream it. No option to download the episode. Is this how it is with Amazon Prime Video?? Why can't I download this episode onto my PC for safe keeping and off-line viewing?

Thanks.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
If you're an eligible Amazon Prime member, you can download selected movies and TV included with Prime to compatible mobile devices.

Compatible Devices:

• Fire tablets (except Kindle Fire 1st Generation)
  • Fire phone
  • Android phones and tablets
  • iOS devices
If you're using a compatible device, a Download

To download Prime Video titles:

1. Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or wireless network.
  2. Find the Prime title you want to download and open the video details.
  3. Tap the Download
    Note:
    For TV shows, select the episode you want to download, and then look for the Download ("down arrow") icon.
You can also find your completed video downloads by selecting the Downloads option in the Prime Video menu.

Download Availability & Viewing Periods
Only selected Prime Video titles are available to download, and the time period you have to view a downloaded title while your device is offline varies by title.

A notification typically displays on-screen when the viewing period for a title is almost over.

On-screen notifications also display if you've downloaded the maximum amount of Prime titles (across all the devices on your account), and need to delete one or more to proceed with the current download.

For more information, go to Prime Video Usage Rules.

Trouble Downloading Prime Video Titles?
If you're having trouble downloading movies and TV shows included with Prime, here are some solutions that may help:

Check your Prime Membership - First, make sure you have an eligible Prime membership. For more information about eligibility, go to What is Prime Video?.

Note: The download option for Prime titles is only available to paid Prime members—it is not available for Amazon Household members with shared Prime benefits.

Check your location - Make sure you're accessing Prime Video from an eligible location. Prime Video is only available to customers located in the United States and U.S. territories, except for selected Prime Originals titles available to watch while abroad. To learn more, go to Watching Videos While Traveling Abroad.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Yeah, yeah,...I've seen all that but it doesn't really answer the simple question I raised in my OP!! None of the above is relevant to me!

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Relax!

Simple answer. You can only download to a MOBILE DEVICE!! Hence the above post. You can't download to a PC via Amazon. You have to use 3rd part apps most likely that you'll need to pay for.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Relax!

Simple answer. You can only download to a MOBILE DEVICE!! Hence the above post. You can't download to a PC via Amazon. You have to use 3rd part apps most likely that you'll need to pay for.

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. Quick and easy. Cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks