What's new

TCM Festival Film Restorations 2019 (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I saw a commercial on TCM for next year's festival and it mentioned the 1st 9 films. They will be showcasing a world premiere restoration of "Holiday" 1938 with Hepburn and Grant and Escape from Alcatraz with Clint Eastwood. Other films that are not restorations being shown are
Gone With the Wind
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Hello, Dolly
From Here to Eternity
Love Affair
Sunrise
Tarzan and His Mate

Last edited:
Real Name
Benjamin Burke
I see that Holiday, The Opposite Sex, and High Society will be digital projections and not film. I'm wondering if these films will be restorations or will be based on the DVD masters. Actually, I think I saw Holiday as being advertised as a world premiere restoration.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone go this year? I would be very interested to know what was discussed at Fox: An Appreciation, if anyone attended this event.
Per the festival website:

For more than a century, Fox movies have entertained audiences around the world. Studio founder William Fox liked to brag that there was no second of any day that his name wasn’t on a screen somewhere in the world, and that remains true today. Twentieth Century Fox was formed in 1935 when the Fox Film Corporation merged with 20th Century Pictures. Legendary mogul Darryl F. Zanuck ran the studio until 1956 when he left to be an independent producer, only to be lured back in 1962 to run the studio a second time with his son Richard. From the moguls to movie stars, like Shirley Temple and Marilyn Monroe, the studio’s history is rich with larger than life characters on both sides of the camera. Through the lens of the Studio’s film preservation department, 20th Century Fox Archivist Schawn Belston will give an insider’s look at the studio’s history, illustrated with some of his favorite clips of classic moments. Join us as we trace the studio’s many milestones, from F.W. Murnau’s SUNRISE: A SONG OF TWO HUMANS (1927) to James Cameron’s Titanic (1997), in an appreciation of one of the original “Big Six” Hollywood Studios.

FoxLogo_470x350.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks