What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 11-20-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

I pre-ordered The Glenn Miller Story and The Outer Limits: Season Two.

There are others coming out this week I want, but I am going to wait until after turkey day to see what deals come out.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for all your work, Mike, and happy Thanksgiving to you!

I'm getting Blindspotting this week, which I think is one of the best films of the year. Due to its extreme underperformance theatrically, I was expecting to pay more for it, so the $14.96 price from Amazon is a wonderful surprise. I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested. It's a really unique, substantial and moving film.

Also, if Amazon price matches Best Buy on Miss Peregrine, I'll probably get that too. Since I was just at BB today (which is slightly out of the way for me) to pick up Olaf's Frozen Adventure, it's too bad that price wasn't already good or I would have picked it up there.

Also, I would have happily gotten Crazy Rich Asians this week, but not for $22.99 I liked it, but I can wait until it's cheaper.

Last edited:

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Will be hitting B&N this week for my 50% Criterion selections.

The highly anticipated 4K of Kubrick's 2001 was due this week. I assume, by the absence of it here, that the rumors of another delay have proved accurate?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp and Happy Thanksgiving!

A couple of items of interest this week (One I'm supposed to review - The Glenn Miller Story), but otherwise a pretty quiet week for new releases. Maybe Black Friday can entice me with good prices on some things I let pass by earlier in the year.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Will be hitting B&N this week for my 50% Criterion selections.

The highly anticipated 4K of Kubrick's 2001 was due this week. I assume, by the absence of it here, that the rumors of another delay have proved accurate?

It appears the new release date is 12/18 though as screwy as this whole release has been, the store could get PO at holding titles and selling them on Tuesday or it could be delayed again by 12/18

My Bergman box from BN is supposed to be delivered either tomorrow or Tues depending on if the region distribution center 60 miles away will send it to my local UPS by tomorrow morning -- UPS says it's 7.5lbs.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those Elite/ElitePlus Best Buy members their early access online Black Friday sale is underway. About 100 BD and 4K movies currently online. Quite a few 4K items for 7.99-9.99

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wreck It Ralph 4k and Some Like It Hot (Criterion) should be here this week. Otherwise, I'm just waiting for the BF stuff I'm wanting.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BN preorders -- Bergman set arrived yesterday UPS Ground after shipping Friday. UPS appears to be in Holiday mode

Some Like it Hot shipped Sunday Night UPS next day air, picked up yesterday and delivered today. I was shocked since almost all my recent BN preorders come Sat -Tues after release and UPSMI. Chikamatsu shipped last Tues UPSMI and showed up Saturday so I've had a nice run of Criterions this week.

It does bode well for MagAmbersons and True Stories next week

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Some movies are truly timeless. When I bought Some Like It Hot tonight at my local Barnes & Noble ($39.99 x 50% = $20 x 10% = $18:thumbsup:) the cashier -- who was probably college age, late twenties at most -- told me that it's her favorite movie.

Jack Lemmon is freaking me out with that cover art.
Here it is one more time for you, live from the Colonie Center Barnes & Noble:
SomeLikeItHot.jpg

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Amazon Giveth
Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"True Stories (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: November 27, 2018

B & N Taketh Away
Dear Bryan

We are pleased to inform you we shipped your package by UPS Domestic....

Order Summary

Shipping Method:
GROUND
Item Qty Price
Criterion Collection: Ingmar Bergman's Cinema
1 $149.99

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to BN.com.

---
Both received within 40 minutes of each other tonite...

And Marilyn, et al were not delivered today by Amazon as promissed :(

Users who are viewing this thread