What's new

BN.com 50% Off The Criterion Collection - Online Only 12/13 through 12/16/2018 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
B&N 50% Off The Criterion Collection - Online Only 12/13 through 12/16 (EDITED TO CORRECT DATES)

And now for something somewhat different

"For 4 days only, save on classic and contemporary films from The Criterion Collection of Blu-rays and DVDs. This offer is available online ONLY, through 12/16!"

*Titles are not eligible for coupons during the Criterion Collection 50% off sale.

Criterion Half Price Sale -- so far only a handful of items in the list, but I'm assuming this will expand.

For folks that want one more chance to put a 'Pre" order in for the Bergman set this could be another chance to get it for $150

Last edited:

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
With the Bergman set's second printing not due out until February, will the sale price stay locked in if ordered now?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With the Bergman set's second printing not due out until February, will the sale price stay locked in if ordered now?

Yes. It would be somewhat illegal for them to take an order and raise the price afterwards.

They could cancel everybody's order I guess and force you to reorder, but once you order you're locked into that price

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for the heads-up...

Bummers though it's only online, not also in-store...

Thanks again!

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, if anyone's interested, BlowItOutaHere on eBay has a handful Criterion BD (and DVD) boxsets on sale at better prices if you buy 3-plus and (especially if) apply today's eBay 15%-off coupon (code is PickUpSale):

https://www.ebay.com/sme/blowitouta...%28Americas%2C%20Southeast%20Asia%2E%2E%2E%29

I just went ahead and ordered a few of them (plus couple other boxsets like the Patlabor complete set and MIB Trilogy 4K set), that I missed out at local B&N stores -- yes, you can mix w/ other non-Criterion sets to satisfy the 3-plus criteria, including DVD sets if you really want.

Note that not all of them will have better final sale price (compared to B&N sale + member's discount) despite the sale plus coupon, but most of them should, especially if sales tax makes a significant diff.

BlowItOutaHere seems pretty reliable, and I've bought from them before w/ similar deal.

_Man_

PS: Note that the eBay coupon is actually good for anything in one order (upto $75 off)... although it's only 10%-off for tech items.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks