What's new

TCM Tribute to those that Passed Away in 2018! (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I was surprised they got Sondra Locke in, considering she just passed away a few days ago. Nicely done Tribute by TCM, as always!

Edit: OK, Sondra actually died over a month ago, but her death was only widely reported 2 days ago. That probably explains it.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
Some of the omissions are odd - Mary Carisle, Dewey Martin, Jerry Van Dyke, etc. I get that you can't include everyone, but these individuals weren't exactly marginal figures either. Still this a moving presentation. I wasn't aware that Meg Randall had passed on. I enjoyed her work in the first few Ma and Pa Kettle films and had wondered what had become of her.

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
All the filler is a waste of time. The piece runs 4:46 and 1:30 is spent on viewing something other than the deceased. Sixty-five people are covered, which works out to an average of 3 seconds per person. Get rid of the "atmosphere" shots and each person could have 50% more onscreen time devoted to them.

I think that Jerry Van Dyke was seen primarily as a television star, which is why we don't see Ken Berry, Charlotte Rae, Ty Hardin, Robert Mandan, Joseph Campanella, etc. I wish some of the film composers could have been included, at least John Morris. We get two editors, a title designer, and a fashion designer. Apparently those crafts are more important to film-making than composers.

Last edited:

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
So sad year after year to see the actors, directors, writers, etc. that I grew up with, shuffle off this mortal coil.:(

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Unfortunately, 2018 just took someone else from us. I wasn't really sure where to post this, but thought this would be as good of a thread as any, even though he's not in the video.

Animator Don Lusk passed away. Even if you don't know his name, you've probably seen his work, including Pinocchio, Fantasia, Alice in Wonderland and Sleeping Beauty. For Pinocchio, he animated Cleo.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/don-lusk-dead-dies-fantasia-pinocchio-animator-1203097101/

But at least 105 is a very, very long life and he made many significant contributions to the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks