What's new

ABC presentation of SOM (1 Viewer)

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
I could stand to watch only a few seconds of SOM last night. With the wrong aspect ratio[which I expected anyway] dirt all over the print--picture shake and a picture that looked like it was taken off VHS It made me sick. . You would think that ABC would take better care of a classic that they show on a yearly basis.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I did hear the apron slap, however.

I cannot recall where, but I read that ABC made their own scan from a print of the film. I think that must have been before Fox did their hi-def version for blu. and ABC was broadcasting hi-def already (well, 720p anyway).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Usually I watch the Blu-Ray the same night that ABC does its annual broadcast; I know it has plenty of detractors, but I love the look of the Blu-Ray.

This year, however, I had too many other things competing for my eyeballs. Might try to slip it in sometime between now and Christmas.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I didn't watch... but if it's the Sing-A-Long version, then I think.that's something ABC did ...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the live British production of the show on Great Performances a month or so ago, so I wasn't in the mood to see any version of The Sound of Music again so soon. The movie version is matchless for sure.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I did hear the apron slap, however.

The apron slap can also be heard on the HDX streaming version from Movies Anywhere which is owned by Disney. The streaming version of course is the original aspect ratio. The slap is not heard on streaming version on VUDU.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks