What's new

Pre-Order The Giant Behemoth (1959) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, since this was on Warner Archives Facebook page, I guess it's official now, but in January instead of December.:)

THE GIANT BEHEMOTH (1959)
NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 80:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.78:1, 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 25
Special Features: Commentary By SFX veterans Phil Tippett and Dennis Muren; Theatrical Trailer (HD)

As in his classic The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, director Eugene Lourie plunges us into a thrilling stomping ground, unleashing another Thunder Lizard to stomp on everything in sight. Alarming levels of radiation have infused the water, plants, and skies, and a radiated paleosaurus rises from the ocean depths. In its path: London. In its arsenal: a strength to topple buildings (King Kong’s Willis O’Brien contributes rampaging stop-motion effects), a stride that flattens cars, a flesh-searing radioactive ray and a ticked-off attitude. Left in ruins on land, humankind takes the fight to the beast’s undersea realm, where a two-man submarine crew must ensure the torpedo they fire is dead-on. The first chance is all anyone gets with The Giant Behemoth.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You might want to correct the title of the thread there, Robert. ;)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You might want to correct the title of the thread there, Robert. ;)
636439180638703920-1tony.jpg

It's G-R-R-Reat!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
So, yup, that godawful Tippett/Muren commentary has indeed been carried over. Well, that doesn't mean we have to listen to it.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Monsters in Motion took down their "Shipping Wednesday December 19th" verbiage ..imagine that ! :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Went to WBA to place an order and noticed that Giant behemoth is listed as an Made On Demand Blu-ray. Has Warner Brother s Archive switched over to recordables Blu-rays ? What if one purchase a WBA Blu-ray disc from Amazon?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Went to WBA to place an order and noticed that Giant behemoth is listed as an Made On Demand Blu-ray. Has Warner Brother s Archive switched over to recordables Blu-rays ? What if one purchase a WBA Blu-ray disc from Amazon?
They say that about ALL of their Warner Archive Blu-rays, but I've yet to get one that wasn't pressed. I think they just make them in low quantities and only replenish if there is a greater than expected demand.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
WAC presses all there Blu-rays.
They have always pressed THEIR :) Blu-rays.. since day one. And it's been said dozens of times already. Not sure why collectors could still be asking if they are pressed or even be unaware that they are. At least that's how I see things anyway.

WAC Blu-rays are PRESSED !!!!! :D

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Made on Demand(MOD) means what it says they make discs as they need them instead of mass producing them for warehouse storage and distribution to stores. It does not mean they are BD-R or DVD-R.
All WAC Blu Rays are pressed.
The majority of single title DVDs are DVD-R
The Majority of their DVD TV shows are pressed.
Their DVD animated shows can be either
Most of their DVD box sets of movies are DVD-R but a few are Pressed.

But all the above say Made on Demand on their website.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Thanks for the replies . I ordered from Amazon and got a factory Blu-ray. Looking forward to A face In The Crowd on WBA Blu-ray .

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thanks for the replies . I ordered from Amazon and got a factory Blu-ray. Looking forward to A face In The Crowd on WBA Blu-ray .

Not coming from them. But perhaps, speaking of crowds, WAC will finally give us THE CROWD (1928) (and THE WIND, GREED, etc.)

CarlosMeat

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
I watched The Giant Behemoth last night. It actually looks pretty good. I was surprised, having never seen it , that the story is a little better than the average nuclear- contamination- makes- an -oversized -creature -of -destruction film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks