What's new

Netflix upping subscription pricing (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm not even sure I want to keep subscribing at all anymore. I tried to watch an episode of F is For Family, and even with my pretty powerful multi-room Wi-Fi set up, it went from HD to low-resolution FIVE TIMES IN THE EPISODE! And at the lowest resolution, it looked worse than an upconverted VHS tape. Even YouTube manages to cooperate better with its HD content.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
$1 increase that I bet they think most subscribers will just accept it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another price increase announced
It looks like I'm going to have to cancel my Netflix subscription as I don't watch it enough to justify $18 a month. I have to get in a certain mood to watch their original series stuff and I haven't been in such a mood for a while now so I'm just pissing money away. When I'm ready to watch their stuff then I'll subscribe again and the repeat the exercise to save money and get the best value for my bucks.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It looks like I'm going to have to cancel my Netflix subscription as I don't watch it enough to justify $18 a month. I have to get in a certain mood to watch their original series stuff and I haven't been in such a mood for a while now so I'm just pissing money away. When I'm ready to watch their stuff then I'll subscribe again and the repeat the exercise to save money and get the best value for my bucks.

Completely understand your position though we are totally on opposite sides of the Netflix camp.

If I was forced, Today, to keep just one subscription service it would be Netflix. I have and continue to watch a wealth of TV shows including Orange is the new Black, Stranger Things, Hell on Wheels, and (currently) Wentworth.

I would love nothing more than to put a pause on Netflix as it is outrageously expensive and as we see here, continues to do rate hikes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron,

I just prefer to spend my time watching movies not series. Part of my problem is I'm a big sports fan so that takes up a lot of my time too.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
We just upgraded to Netflix 4K and while the image is nice, it's disappointing that most of the 4K content is Netflix original programming. Do I need Dolby Vision and Atmos to enjoy the Jerry Seinfeld special? They offer so many movies from other studios that are available elsewhere in 4K. The whole thing feels like a bust. With this price increase we may go back to just HD.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Netflix notified me of the price increase this morning. Starting in January 2020 it's $17.99/mo for the 4K plan.

I cancelled. I just don't watch enough stuff on Netflix to make it worth it. Maybe I'll restart at some point with just the standard HD?

In the meantime, I resubscribed to HBO Max.

Mark

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
They're producing so many original movies now (including three or four right now that have serious chances at Oscar nominations) that I'll continue subscribing.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
So my most anticipated Netflix show is not in Dolby Vision or Atmos. We'll watch Cobra Kai season 3 today then drop 4K Netflix. What a disappointment.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Netflix notified me of the price increase this morning. Starting in January 2020 it's $17.99/mo for the 4K plan.

I cancelled. I just don't watch enough stuff on Netflix to make it worth it. Maybe I'll restart at some point with just the standard HD?

In the meantime, I resubscribed to HBO Max.

Mark
I just did the same thing. I don't watch enough of it either. There will be a few things I want to see, but I'll just resubscribe in the middle of the year for a couple of months to get caught up.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's the only streaming service I subscribe to, so it's still worthwhile for me, too, until I run out of things to watch (which seems unlikely in my lifetime).

I'd probably cancel and only do a couple months per year (like w/ a couple other services) if it's mainly just me. I have too much else I'd rather watch, including stuff on the Criterion Channel, but the family (and my mother) seems to like binging stuff (sometimes mindlessly in the background on their computers) on there...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks