What's new

Fox and the Hound-80s Fox Movies Lost in the Forest (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
NOV (Never on Video in US) NOB (Never on Bluray in U.S.) VHS (only format)

1980: Fatso (NOB)
Headin For Broadway (NOV)
Oh! Heavenly Dog (NOB)
Middle Age Crazy (VHS)
Willie & Phil (VHS)
H*E*A*L*T*H (NOV)
The Man With Bogart's Face (NOB)
A Change Of Seasons (NOB)

1981: Eyewitness (NOB)
On The Right Track (VHS)
Hardly Working (VHS)
Savage Harvest (NOV)
Chu Chu and The Philly Flash (VHS)
Zorro, The Gay Blade (NOB)
Shock Treatment (NOB)
Tattoo (VHS)
The Woman inside (VHS)
Modern Problems (NOB)

1982: The Amateur (NOB)
Making Love (NOB)
Melanie (VHS)
Quest For Fire (NOB)
I Ought To Be in Pictures (NOB)
Author! Author! (NOB)
Megaforce (NOB)
The Pirate Movie (NOB)

Kiss Me Goodbye (NOB)

1983 Without a Trace (NOB)

Betrayal (VHS)
Max Dugan Returns (NOB)
Heart Like a Wheel (NOB)
To Begin Again (NOV)
Threshold (VHS)
Lies (VHS)

Bill Cosby: Himself (NOB)

A Night in Heaven (NOB)
Two of a Kind (NOB)

1984 Phar Lap (VHS)
Secret Diary of Sigmund Freud (VHS)
Piaf: The Early Years (VHS)
Unfaithfully Yours (NOB)
Antarctica (VHS)
The Stone Boy (NOB)
The Buddy System (VHS)
Give My Regards To Broad Street (NOB)
Gimme An F (VHS)
Johnny Dangerously (NOB)

1985 Mischief (NOB)
Turk 182 (NOB)
Bad Medicine (VHS)
Almost You (NOB)
Secret Places (VHS)
The Man With One Red Shoe (NOB)
Key Exchange (NOB)
Joshua Then and Now (VHS)
Plenty (NOB)

1986 The Boy in Blue (NOB)
Stripper (VHS)
The Vindicator (VHS)
Death of An Angel (VHS)
Half Moon Street (NOB)
Streets of Gold (VHS)

Less Than Zero (NOB)

1988 Satisfaction (NOB)\
A Night In The Life Of Jimmy Reardon (NOB)
Off Limits (NOB)
Alien Nation (NOB)

1989 When The Whales Came (VHS)
Worth Winning (NOB)

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
In addition to Enemy Mine - The Pick-Up Artist, The Boy in Blue, Tough Enough, The Star Chamber, The King of Comedy, The Hot Touch and Eyewitness have all received region "A" releases.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I actually know very well Neil Offen, the guy who co-wrote Calling Dr. Horowitz, the book the movie Bad Medicine was based on, and for years his son and daughter were friends of my sisters and I. Years ago, he told me all about the experience and still had the movie poster in his townhouse.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
To see Christopher Atkins', well, uh, assets ;) gloriously remastered in HD? Sign me up! Lesley Ann Warren's film career started at Disney with The Happiest Millionaire and The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band, so the very idea of the mouse owning this particular film by proxy is amusing. This movie is the sort of thing that could have been a Touchstone movie had it come out five years later*.

A lot of those early 1970s movies that never got released, even in the Magnetic Video era that still managed to give studio pariahs Beyond the Valley of the Dolls and Myra Breckinridge releases that quickly went out-of-print, seem to have been the leftovers of the later years of Darryl F. Zanuck's fall from grace. I remember reading somewhere that Michael Crawford** took Hello-Goodbye, his follow-up film to Hello, Dolly!, off his resume. That movies from the 1980s never got released at all, though, is baffling since that is now de riguer for everything, even the most costly flops.

*Of course, Disney themselves had Charles Martin Smith skinny-dipping in an icy river in Never Cry Wolf that same year.
**The same year he played Condorman, fellow Dolly alum (albeit on stage) Pearl Bailey played Big Mama in The Fox and the Hound. Four years earlier, Disney also had hired Dolly movie art director Jack Martin Smith for Pete's Dragon. Based on Disney being one of the main instigators of Hollywood's current remake mania, methinks part of the reason they want Fox is because they want the remake rights to the musicals it brought to the screen.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I remember reading somewhere that Michael Crawford** took Hello-Goodbye, his follow-up film to Hello, Dolly!, off his resume. That movies from the 1980s never got released at all, though, is baffling since that is now de riguer for everything, even the most costly flops.

I can well believe that Michael Crawford wants to forget about being in Hello Goodbye. He's totally miscast, absolutely hopeless and the film is pretty bad. There are only two really good things in the film and they belong to Genevieve Gilles.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
And they can keep it. Dreadful movie, and an utter waste of Sigourney and Caine.
I went to a Chicago press screening of this. Roger Ebert groaned aloud at the ending. (I groaned at the whole thing, but he gave it three stars.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks