What's new

Space Force!!! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This could be great and it’s on Netflix so they don’t have to have a gazillion people watching it to be successful. This could be FUNNY!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
MV5BMGJiNjM3YjQtYzQ5NS00YmU0LWEyZDQtZWEyYjVlMmYyOWFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
IT'S OUT! I AM GOING TO RUN WATCH IT!

They released the whole season but I'm going to watch it one by one.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm about five in.

First impressions... it feels like it doesn't know whether it wants to be a sitcom or a drama, and can do neither effectively because of that. It does improve a bit with each episode, though.

Also, I think it might have been helped by the mockumentary format, and by sticking to a 25 minute or less format instead of pushing past 30 with each episode. Especially in the pilot, you could see where things could've been better served by tightening it up (Kokomo!).

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1x01 THE LAUNCH

Spoilers for episode 1. It was average at the beginning but 2 things happened that won me over. First was the Chinese spy joke. And the second was the very end. That huge thing.

Also hilarious was the president's Russian friend/appointment that tries to spy on every occasion. :lol:

Do we know why Lisa Kudrow was in prison? (Obviously only from information available in episode 1)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
After really looking forward to this, we found it a huge disappointment and almost aggressively unfunny. After the first two we abandoned the series. Steve Carell’s character is extremely annoying. The chimp sequence which went on and on and didn’t even produce a smile was game over for us.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After really looking forward to this, we found it a huge disappointment and almost aggressively unfunny. After the first two we abandoned the series. Steve Carell’s character is extremely annoying. The chimp sequence which went on and on and didn’t even produce a smile was game over for us.

The season ended on a cliffhanger, which after the mediocrity of the rest of the season, I found that unforgivable.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1x02 SAVE EPSILON 6!

This was funny as hell. I loved the monkey business. Best episode so far for me. I love the idiocy of Steve Carell's character against the scientists.

This was so funny that even the 2 line summary of the episode makes me laugh.
Summary: With his beloved satellite severely hobbled, General Naird must decide between a well-reasoned scientific solution and a chimp-led rescue operation.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We just watched the first episode and my wife and I agree it’s a major disappointment. Does it get any better? Any reason we should give it more minutes of our life?

Jeez, so many good people in the cast and it sucks so bad. The Beach Boys song should have been a laugh riot and it just laid an enormous egg.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
We just watched the first episode and my wife and I agree it’s a major disappointment. Does it get any better? Any reason we should give it more minutes of our life?

Jeez, so many good people in the cast and it sucks so bad. The Beach Boys song should have been a laugh riot and it just laid an enormous egg.
pretty much the response here as well

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I couldn't even make it through the first episode. I wanted to like it. Maybe the real life goings-on in the country have squashed my sense of humor for the time being.

But for those who like it, I'm glad you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks