What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
For much of the Golden Age of Hollywood, producer Hal B. Wallis was consistently churning out movies that were high on entertainment value as well as production quality; that distinctive trait earned him 19 Oscar nominations (winning his only one for the immortal classic Casablanca) and two Irving Thalberg Memorial Awards over the years. Anne of the Thousand Days, his first production at Universal Pictures after spending over 25 years at Paramount Pictures (his last film for the studio – True Grit – was released the same year as this movie), is a prime example of that touch, melding the real-life story of the royal romance between Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn with some of that old Hollywood black magic called entertainment. Twilight Time gives the movie its Blu-ray debut courtesy of their licensing agreement with Universal.

Anne of the Thousand Days (1969)

Released: 18 Dec...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’d love to see this film again. I looked a Amazon and the only blu rsay I can find is a Spanish release.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’d love to see this film again. I looked a Amazon and the only blu rsay I can find is a Spanish release.

All Twilight Time releases are exclusive to Twilight Time's official website and Screen Archives Entertainment. Any sales elsewhere (like on Amazon) are unauthorized sales from third party sellers looking to make a profit by scalping the limited editions.

Here are the links for purchasing:
https://www.twilighttimemovies.com/anne-of-the-thousand-days-blu-ray/

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/36559/ANNE-OF-THE-THOUSAND-DAYS-1969/

Rest assured that both are reputable retailers!

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I'm watching this rather melancholy but lavish movie now. Strong performances all around. The picture quality seems excellent so far.

Reactions: PMF

HawksFord

Premium
Real Name
Maurice
I remember watching this in the theater when I was a kid and at least once more many years later, but I still haven't gotten to the Twilight Time disc which has been sitting on my to be watched shelf for awhile. It made quite an impression when I first saw it.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Yeah, this movie is heavy duty stuff imho, even if it's rated PG or whatever. Richard Burton really shows the bad sides of Henry VIII in a compelling way, demonstrating his capacity for self-delusion. The "show trial" almost reminded me of the Moscow show trials under Stalin, or the stuff that happens in Orwell's 1984.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks