What's new
Real Name
Tim
Timothy Bodzioney submitted a new blog post

The Grissom Gang Blu Ray Review
DSCN2144-1024x623.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the review. IMO, I always thought Robert Aldrich was underrated as a director. Some of his films were among my favorite films growing up.

Twilight's Last Gleaming
Kiss Me Deadly
Attack
Apache
The Last Sunset
Emperor of the North
The Big Knife
The Longest Yard
The Dirty Dozen
Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Vera Cruz
Flight of the Phoenix

Real Name
Tim
Aldrich is great. That's an incredible list of films. Nobody working today will ever equal that lineup. I even like what are considered his weaker films, though there are a couple I haven't caught up with yet, like Sodom and Gomorrah and The Choirboys.

Real Name
Rod
Funny that this was not a commercial success; it seems pretty sure-fire. One would think that after opening his own studio, Aldrich would have taken more care to produce things that made money. Was there ever a major American director who showed less regard for the tastes of the mass audience? The crowd-pleasers like The Dirty Dozen and The Longest Yard seem greatly outnumbered.

Curious that Aldrich made at least four movies that feature bombs or mass destruction, but Stink will leave that to film scholars to discuss.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for the review. IMO, I always thought Robert Aldrich was underrated as a director. Some of his films were among my favorite films growing up.

Twilight's Last Gleaming
Kiss Me Deadly
Attack
Apache
The Last Sunset
Emperor of the North
The Big Knife
The Longest Yard
The Dirty Dozen
Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Vera Cruz
Flight of the Phoenix
and the list of my own favorite scenes in movie history are flashing before my eyes!!! oh how many I act out in the kitchen while making food!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks