What's new

Pre-Order The Glass Bottom Boat (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
THE GLASS BOTTOM BOAT (1966)
NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER
Run Time 110:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 16 X 9 LETTERBOX, 2.35:1
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: 3 Vintage Featurettes - Catalina Island, Every Girl's Dream, and NASA; cartoon short "The Dot and The Line" (HD); Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Doris Day entered her eighth consecutive year as a top-10 box-office star when she boarded The Glass Bottom Boat, a hilarious blending of romantic comedy and the era’s burgeoning spy-movie genre.

Day plays Jennifer, a girl Friday at a hush-hush aeronautics think tank. When colleagues suspect she’s an espionage agent, Jennifer chaotically sets out to clear her name. Looney Tunes alumnus Frank Tashlin directs with a cartoonist’s sensibility – or zany insensibility – embracing everything from spy guises to push-button chaos in a futuristic kitchen. With top comedians Arthur Godfrey, Paul Lynde, Edward Andrews, John McGiver, Dom DeLuise and Dick Martin in tow, The Glass Bottom Boat is loaded top to bottom with see-through fun.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Is this the film that also has George Tobias and Alice Pearce (aka Abner & Gladys Kravitz) as very similar nosy next door neighbor types?

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I don't think the movie is as funny or well-written as Doris Day's outings with Rock Hudson and James Garner, but it has its moments. The scene in which Paul Lynde appears in drag in the ladies room with Day always has me rolling on the floor laughing. He seems to be enjoying himself immensely and he probably improvised his own dialogue. It's priceless!

Last edited:

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
You know , if they are only releasing three titles a month , I think a lot of will be long dead by the time release many of their catalog titles many have requested , be it the last of the Warner Hitchcock titles, the Bogart films, the classics with Grant, Gable, Crawford, Davis etc, or even their cult / genre movies like Attack of the 50 ft Woman, Hysteria..
Maybe they need some Blu ray Xlax to squeeze out a few more of their catalog titles a month :D

None of the three titles they announced were not requested much if at all, maybe Man of Atlantis was the one that had been requested more often.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Is that Doris wearing the very revealing outfit? The large picture.
Que Sera, Sera ...
There's nothing sarong with it ...
doris-day-glass-bottom3-1[1].jpg

;)

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I liked the film but the ending was kinda of goofy and silly with everyone chasing each other around. Love the title song sung by Doris.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It was probably Doris's 8th and last year in the top ten box office as her only films after this were:

With Six You Get Eggroll
Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?
The Ballad of Josie
Caprice

Or perhaps I am wrong. With Six You Get Eggroll and Where Were You When the Lights Went Out? were fairly successful for the time .

A shame she chose not to change with the times . Still wish she had done "The Graduate" instead of any of the above films.

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Or perhaps I am wrong. With Six You Get Eggroll and Where Were You When the Lights Went Out? were fairly successful for the time .

According to Quigley, you were right in that 1966 was her 8th and last consecutive year in the top ten (she made the list a total of 10 times since she also charted in 1951 and 1952.) In addition to ranking in 4th place for 1959 and 3rd place for 1961, she hit the number one spot in 1960, 1962, 1963 and 1964. She then ranked 3rd place in 1965, and down to 8th in 1966.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
According to Quigley, you were right in that 1966 was her 8th and last consecutive year in the top ten (she made the list a total of 10 times since she also charted in 1951 and 1952.) In addition to ranking in 4th place for 1959 and 3rd place for 1961, she hit the number one spot in 1960, 1962, 1963 and 1964. She then ranked 3rd place in 1965, and down to 8th in 1966.
It's really a remarkable achievement for an actress. It just shows how beloved she was then (and now, for those of us who know who she is).

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I know who she is! :) Quite apart from her huge success as a film actress, Doris was also one of the very best singers of good popular songs. I have most of what she recorded.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
It's really a remarkable achievement for an actress. It just shows how beloved she was then (and now, for those of us who know who she is).

Not for nothing, but I failed to mention that in 1959 (when she ranked 3rd) she was STILL the #1 female. Elizabeth Taylor knocked her temporarily out of the top female spot in 1961.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks