What's new

Will placement of D.A. speakers change function (1 Viewer)

HT Melon

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen
I'm looking to buy Klipsch floor standing speakers with built in or separate Dolby Atmos modules...I have 10 foot ceilings...If I build a 7 foot high storage loft over where I plan to put the speakers, will it kill the functionality of D.A. modules ? ? ?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Reflecting Atmos speakers are marginally useful to begin with, but with 10' ceilings, expect them to be almost worthless. I tried them in my main system, which only has a 7.5' ceiling, and they have very little effect.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Reflecting Atmos speakers are marginally useful to begin with, but with 10' ceilings, expect them to be almost worthless. I tried them in my main system, which only has a 7.5' ceiling, and they have very little effect.

That sounds like a bad calibration to me. I agree for sure that bounce is not as good as direct radiators but Audessey and the like can make bounce pretty effective. In moderately sized areas anyway. 10' ceilings should be doable.

What if I put the modules up in the loft (apprx 28' from left floor to ceiling) ?

That's crazy far. No I don't think that will even remotely work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks