What's new

4K Harry Potter Collection (1 Viewer)

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
A couple years back I was toying with the idea of buy the 8 pack of HP but couldn't justify the cost of $100 just for Blu and I see it's now $209 at Best Buy for 4K just because it's steel book. That's nuts

So I went to Google Play and found I can now get the whole set in 4K with HDR for $65.00 as a digital download. Sweet deal and I may get myself a Google Play card and add it to my digital library.

So if you have Android and are in the market, give it a look.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You don't need to have Android to purchase movies from the Google Play store. A Google account and a web browser will do, and they port over to Movies Anywhere/iTunes just fine.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good tip. I’ve got the blu Ray, bought cheap Xmas 2016. I still haven’t gotten to watching them. I might be looking for a cheap 4K upgrade by the time I get to a rewatch.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
If you have the blu or 4k versions of these disks you can disk to digital them for $2 apiece. Works great if you acquire the codeless disks from a friend or garage sale.
Isn't disc to digital SD or HD only and no UHD option?

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
A couple years back I was toying with the idea of buy the 8 pack of HP but couldn't justify the cost of $100 just for Blu and I see it's now $209 at Best Buy for 4K just because it's steel book. That's nuts

So I went to Google Play and found I can now get the whole set in 4K with HDR for $65.00 as a digital download. Sweet deal and I may get myself a Google Play card and add it to my digital library.

So if you have Android and are in the market, give it a look.
It's currently $59.99 on Vudu in 4K with HDR10/DV. Sadly, the movies are only DD+ 5.1 in UHD and stereo in HD, not DTS: X as found on the 4K UHD Blu-rays and DTS-HD MA 5.1 on the Blu-rays.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If you have the blu or 4k versions of these disks you can disk to digital them for $2 apiece. Works great if you acquire the codeless disks from a friend or garage sale.
I have not used Vudu's disc to digital program in awhile. Is there an option now for upgrading from BD to 4K/ streaming versions, as there was for upgrading from DVD to HDX streaming?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Isn't disc to digital SD or HD only and no UHD option?

I used the UPC from the 4Ks and they came through as HDX and MoviesAnywhere transferred them to iTunes in HD.

I have not used Vudu's disc to digital program in awhile. Is there an option now for upgrading from BD to 4K/ streaming versions, as there was for upgrading from DVD to HDX streaming?

No, and this is part of the problem. Still, for $16 I got all 8 movies in HD quality.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yeah I paid $65 for the 4K complete set with the 4K codes. Great bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks