What's new

Blu-ray: Abandon All Hope Ye Movies Listed Here… (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
With the recent announcement that Samsung is no longer manufacturing Blu-ray players, I must admit I have finally given up hope of ever seeing two of my favorite movies, K-PAX and Dolores Claiborne released on BD. If it hasn’t happened by now, with the format dying, I just can’t see it ever happening now. I’m fortunate to have 720p Internet copies of these two gems, but man, they deserve full 1080 (at least).
What are some of your favorite movies that deserve Blu-ray treatment that will probably never get it?

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Shouldn’t this be in the Blu Ray forum Alan? You’ll get more responses there.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to smaller companies licensing titles, alot of I want has already gotten a Blu-ray release and I think more will follow. It helps that I'm a horror/cult fan so I'm more likely to see what I want than if I were a 1940's drama fan. I doubt I'll be able to replace every DVD in my collection with a Blu-ray (there's some weird [and bad] 1940's Universal horror movies like The Brute Man that might never make Blu-ray but even the second and third tier Universals are starting to come out thanks to Kino and Shout) but I've already upgraded a large chunk of my collection to Blu.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Just thinking out loud...

The Wilderness Family (and sequels)
The Sea Gypsies (aka Shipwrecked)
Midway (extended version with Battle of Coral Sea)
The Dove
Destination Tokyo (although Warner Archive May release that one some day)
The Wizard of Speed and Time

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Both of those films will look perfectly fine on a streaming source. Neither of them have any specific need to be on a disk. Sticking to a specific format when the hobby contains multitudes is going to be painful in the long term.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Another film I’d like to see get a decent BluRay
release is High Risk (1981). An entertaining adventure/heist film, with a good cast (James
Brolin, Anthony Quinn, Bruce Davison, Lindsay
Wagner, Cleavon Little, James Coeburn). It was released on DVD by a minor studio, in a horrible
looking 4X3 version.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't mean to be a dick, but DC is readily available on blu-ray and and I can't believe you never thought of looking for it before posting this.

https://www.amazon.com/Dolores-Clai...325&sr=8-1&keywords=dolores+claiborne+blu-ray
Thanks for the link. Believe it or not, I did look for it before posting. I look for it every few months. In fact, after I just bought it, I blanked out my screen and searched for it again, and it still didn't come up. There must be something about my browser history that is putting it way down the list. I know all searches on different computers are not created equally.

Thanks again for the link. If nothing else, this thread gave me one of the two movies I really wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks