What's new

Samsung's new Galaxy Buds look like a compelling and cheaper alternative to Airpods (1 Viewer)

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I agree these look cool. And the fact that the new Galaxy 10's can wirelessly charge them is really cool. Sorry Apple, time to catch up again. :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have no doubt that the updated AirPods that are expected to be released later this year will be more feature rich. But will they be worth the price delta? We'll have to see reviews of both final products.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I have no doubt that the updated AirPods that are expected to be released later this year will be more feature rich. But will they be worth the price delta? We'll have to see reviews of both final products.
I just can't get over my two main gripes with the Airpods:

1) They look incredibly stupid - easily one of the least attractive products apple has ever made
2) They don't offer isolation. For me, this is a deal breaker. Anything I buy must have an IEM style insertion that isolates from external noise.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I just can't get over my two main gripes with the Airpods:

1) They look incredibly stupid - easily one of the least attractive products apple has ever made
2) They don't offer isolation. For me, this is a deal breaker. Anything I buy must have an IEM style insertion that isolates from external noise.

The look has grown on me. Give me them in black and I will be in heaven

I cannnnnnot stand isolating IEMs. It feels like you are underwater or or a tupperware bowl. YMMV.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Such bullshit. Nobody has any stock so the coupon will run out before anyone can use it. You can’t order in store and the website won’t ship. F u at&t

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
BC08D16B-7A83-4450-B090-CF1AA62AD42C.jpeg
$120 at Costco seems overpriced.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I hope they are better than the Apple ones! I own a pair and must have strangely shaped ears or something. If I so much as hiccup, burp, cough, fart etc., one of these suckers pops out on the floor. At least the earphones which came with my iPhone and look almost exactly the same, have a cord so they can be easily retrieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks