What's new

Lost In La Mancha DVD Region 1 release? (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I noticed that this is being released in region 2 this week. Is there any word of a possible region 1 release in the near future?

Special Features on the region 2 disc:

* Over 2 hours of additional material!
* Interviews with Terry Gilliam, Johnny Depp, Kieth Fulton and Louis Pepe
* Deleted scenes
* 2 alternative openings
* Video portraits
* Costume design and storyboards from 'The Man Who Killed Don Quixote'
* Interactive menus
* Scene selection.

Has anyone purchased this as of yet?

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I think it's still playing in theaters. I know it was playing at the NuArt in LA last week. My guess would be R1 release in May or so.

Jeff

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
Just got an email from Facets:
Dear Friend of Facets:

We are thrilled to share with you news of the release of LOST IN LA MANCHA. This is the wonderful documentary about Terry Gilliam's ill-fated madcap mission to film "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote."

As our appreciation for your support of Facets Video, if you order LOST IN LA MANCHA now and before its release date of June 24, you can save almost 40% off the list price of $29.95.

You can pre-order your own 2-disc set of LOST IN LA MANCHA, filled with almost 3 hours of bonus material, for only $18.00 each plus shipping.

Funny and sad and true-to-life, LOST IN LA MANCHA features Gilliam along with his collaborators Johnny Depp and Jean Rochefort as they face obstacles beyond the wildest imagination.

The 2-disc DVD set of LOST IN LA MANCHA includes cast interviews, deleted scenes, and behind the scenes featurettes.

You can order online at www.facets.org/movies/70838 or by phone at 1-800-331-6197 or fax a 1-773-929-5437 or email at [email protected]

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
so I guess that this is better than the r2 as it was just a single disc or not ?

Cheers

Oscar

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The UK version (which I reviewed here) was presented in 1.33:1 ratio. Since it seems that the producer / directors of the film had considerable input into the R2 version, there's no reason to suspect that this isn't their preferred ratio.

The Facets email is very vague, but it doesn't mention anything that isn't on the R2 version. It's quite possible that the R1 version will have the same content, only spread across two DVD5s (or, if you're lucky, a DVD9 and a DVD5).

Pat Ford

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the filmmakers speak at the film's premiere here and they confirm that the 1.33:1 ratio is correct.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I believe this was originally intended to be a behind-the-scenes documentary for the DVD release of The man Who Killed Don Quixote, so 1.33 sounds correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks