What's new

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
richard-gallagher has published a new article.

Woman on the Run Blu-ray Review

Woman-on-the-Run-150x150.jpg

Woman on the Run is a tense and sometimes thrilling film noir which has been rescued from public domain purgatory by the Film Noir Foundation...
Continue reading the original article.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
This film is outstanding noir at its best! I can't believe I've never heard of it before but I fell in love with it from the first scene. The print looks good considering its history. Flicker Alley is to be commended for its rescue efforts. This is an outstanding presentation with excellent supplements: one of the best commentaries of all time! Take note, this is how a commentary is done! (Don't just tell us what's happening in the scene.) Outstanding documentary on the rescue of this film as well as others. I'm looking forward to more from this company.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
A heads up that DVD Beaver confirms the Arrow versions of Woman on the Run and Too Late For Tears to not only be identical to Flicker Alley but also region free. I just pre-ordered both from Amazon.uk for $39.05...

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
WAY cheaper than buying the Flicker Alleys. Glad I held off. And hey, the Arrows have WAY better covers!

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
$40 is just too much for a single feature. $20 hits my sweet spot. I ordered from Amazon UK too.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Is Film Noir Foundation a 501(c)(3) non-profit? If so, the donation is tax deductible.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I have to say my only knowledge of this film come from Kermit Schafer's blooper books and LPs (many of them were "re-creations")

"Tonight's Movie 'Woman on the Run' is brought to you by Ex-Lax!"

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
i went with the Arrows too.

before then, i had the Flicker Alleys saved in my amazon cart, waiting for a day that the price would drop.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I pre-ordered this and Too Late for Tears from Flicker Alley and paid $29.95 each. By doing this I also supported a domestic boutique label. Buying the Arrows, which are identical in content, is fine as well.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I can confirm that the Arrows are region free and even have a fantastic reversible artwork!

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks