[review]
Continue reading the original article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the season seemed to sputter to the end when it was first broadcast, but watching on home video it seemed to be better than remembered.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
One correction, "Secrets of The X-Files" aired immediately before Anasazi's original broadcast in 1995.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I enjoyed this much more having watched the entire series again over the holidays (in preparation for the short revival we're in the midst of). What stood out to me perhaps more than anything was just how compelling a character John Doggett was - and how invested and top-notch Robert Patrick was in that role. I've always found it a shame that the series did not continue with he and the lovely Annabeth Gish (Agent Reyes) front and center.

Thanks for the reviews, Matt. I've enjoyed them.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Indeed, I appreciated Doggett quite a bit and did not really miss Mulder all that much.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What stood out to me perhaps more than anything was just how compelling a character John Doggett was - and how invested and top-notch Robert Patrick was in that role.

He's fantastic in the episodes John Doe and Release. I met Patrick last year and he was cool enough to humor me when I told him how great he was in those episodes. :)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Thanks for these fine in-depth reviews of the complete series. Your reviews are an achievement in themselves. The work is appreciated.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thank you, Alan. As only a sporadic viewer of the show during its actual network broadcast, most of the episodes and storylines were new to me, so it was an adventure actually going through the journey with these characters.

And I assume I'll be covering the new mini-season that's being shown now (which I am already watching) once it's released on home video (hopefully Blu-ray).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks