Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

The Boston Strangler Blu-ray Review

bostonstranglertop-1024x576.jpg

The Boston Strangler is Richard Fleischer’s masterful 1968 examination into the serial killings and subsequent investigation of the infamous thirteen-victim murder spree which terrified Bostonians and some of the rest of America for almost two years.

[review]
Read more.

Last edited by a moderator:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Sounds like a fascinating movie. The subject matter is not my cup of tea, but you make a good case for it. And the picture quality sounds outstanding....

"The film’s original Panavision aspect ratio of 2.35:1 is faithfully reproduced in this 1080p transfer using the AVC codec. Sharpness is outstanding throughout with lots of detail in facial features and clothes...."

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
My first two interests in viewing The Boston Strangler deal with childhood stuff:

A) I wasn't permitted to see the film at the age of 8, especially since it was a true story.
So, naturally, I wanted to see it even more; what with the preview having been seen at a matinee.

B) A friend of my father lived in a Boston apartment. Whenever he walked us into the building and through the vestibule; he would point out the glass of the second entry door, while placing his key within the lock. Just above the doorknob was a deep and well-worked semi-circular cut into the thick glass; going clockwise from the 12 to 4 O' Clock position, which was stopped short by the wooden frame of the door. Allegedly, because of the neighborhood he lived in, this was an attempted entry into the apartment complex, made by Albert DeSalvo. This family friend was a very pragmatic, studied and highly conservative individual; so, therefore, the story was never rescinded nor ever altered as the years ensued. Interestingly, the landlord never replaced the glass within this door; as it was, perhaps, either some kind of strange souvenir or a piece of history that remained permanent to this structure. To a kid, this was creepy cool stuff.

Anyway, I finally purchased The Boston Strangler, today. I had to, as Twilight Time had posted today that there were less than 50 copies remaining; and, believe it or not, I still have never seen this film. Not gonna miss out this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread