What's new

Google Chrome Home (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
On sort of a whim I decided to use some bday money to try out the new Goggle Home device. It was on sale the week of Black Friday so pricing wise I was ok with the investment.

So far my 8 year old is having the most fun with it, asking it all kinds of things, from math homework questions to when is Santa arriving. :)

I did chuckle when I realized the app records every conversation you have with the device and you can pull it up on your phone, so I had to tell my kiddos that "Home" records you so be careful what you say. One recording that had us cracking up was when my son was asking it several questions and Home was stumped so his next "Hey Google" was to tell "Home" that .."You're stupid". LOL

It's easy to set up, easy to use, and still in the infant stage to some degree since it only supports 2-3 home automation devices. Hoping they offer full integration with my WeMo devices.

Overall I think it was worth the $99 and I'm looking forward to what other features they bring to it.

So has anyone else taken the plunge?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We have a few of the Amazon Echo devices, which are quite similar. We have an Echo in our kitchen, a Tap that we take outside to use on our deck, and just today I got a Dot for our bedroom. We stream music to the devices quite a bit, and have really enjoyed them. We do not have any home automation devices, such as networked light timers or thermostat, so we do not use them for that, although I may try a few light switches eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks