What's new

Bad Day at Black Rock coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Coming, January 2017!
BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK (1955)
BRAND NEW MASTER
BD50
COLOR - 81 Minutes
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.55:1, 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN LETTERBOX
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 STEREO English
English SDH

SPECIAL FEATURES:
Commentary Track by film historian Dana Polan
Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

15350466_10154782317296563_7785333917547410164_n.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Nice! I got the DVD blind for under $3 and loved the movie, so this a no-brainer to upgrade!

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
One of top ten favourite movies of all time.

"I believe a man is as big as what he's seeking. I believe you're a big man, Mr. Macreedy."

Day one purchase. Thank you so much Warner.

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
This is also one of my all-time favorite films, and I've been waiting ages for a BRD release. My greedy little hands can't wait to get this!

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Day one purchase for me. I so hope they continue with more of these "controversial" titles, say A Face in the Crowd, America America, Night of the Iguana, Lady in a Cage and The Rose Tattoo. So many wonderful titles I'd LOVE to own in HD form! So little time left, I'm afraid.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
The last time I watched my DVD I remember having to crank up the volume just to hear
the dialog clearly, so hopefully the BR will be better.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
This is awesome news! I watch the film annually and it's long been on my classic film wish list! Bad Day at Black Rock has such a fantastic cast, headed by the always-reliable Spencer Tracy (I'll watch anything with Anne Francis! ☺️). Thanks WA!

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Great news! Bad Day at Black Rock should look phenomenal...one of the great desert landscapes so familiar to classic film fans...Lone Pine, California and the Alabama Hills...great cast and riveting story...no better hero and no better array of villains...a favorite film for so many of us...

More John Sturges please!

And, last but not least, that beautiful and powerful score by Andre Previn...

Last edited:

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Day one purchase for me. I so hope they continue with more of these "controversial" titles, say A Face in the Crowd, America America, Night of the Iguana, Lady in a Cage and The Rose Tattoo. So many wonderful titles I'd LOVE to own in HD form! So little time left, I'm afraid.

AMERICA ,AMERICA is one of my all time favourite movies. LADY IN A CAGE was banned for many years in several countries .BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK is classic.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
THE ROSE TATTOO is a terrible, HORRIBLE, atrocious piece of junk which I can't fathom how it won Oscar nominations and yet a WIN for the unwatchable performance from its leading lady.

Yet if welcome it on BLU because I need it for my collection.

AMERICA AMERICA is a great film which I'd also love to have on blu for my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks