What's new

Universal Catalog Shows Leaving Netflix 01/01/17 (1 Viewer)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
HD streams of The Rockford Files, Murder She Wrote, and The Incredible Hulk are leaving Netflix on January 1st, 2017.

Fortunately, The Incredible Hulk is available on Blu-Ray from the UK. The Rockford Files and Murder She Wrote have no blu-ray releases yet.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I'm starting to have less and less reason to subscribe to Netflix. They raise the price and get rid of the shows I watch. Fortunately I have the complete Rockford files and murder she wrote DVD sets. I actually prefer the DVDs to the streaming "HD" Netflix content. The audio on the DVDs is better by a wide margin and the video is as good or better. The Rockford files DVDs has some specks that could have been cleaned up but to be honest other than that on my setup I think the DVD video is more vivid than the HD streaming.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
January 1st, 2017
  • The A-Team (5 Seasons)
  • Airwolf (1 Season)
  • Alfred Hitchcock Presents (7 Seasons)
  • Angry Birds Toons (3 Seasons)
  • Battlestar Galactica (1978)
  • Black Butler (3 Seasons)
  • Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot (1 Season)
  • The Celebrity Plastic Surgeons of Beverly Hills (1 Season)
  • Columbo (1976)
  • Conviction (1 Season)
  • Dallas (2012)
  • Earth 2 (1994)
  • Emergency! (7 Seasons)
  • Galactica (1 Season)
  • The Grand (1997)
  • The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries (3 Seasons)
  • Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (Seasons 1-6)
  • The Incredible Hulk (1981)
  • Invizimals (1 Seasons)
  • Jake and the Never Land Pirates (4 Seasons)
  • Kolchak: The Night Stalker (1 Season)
  • Max Steel (2 Seasons)
  • The Munsters (2 Seasons)
  • Murder, She Wrote (12 Seasons)
  • Quantum Leap (5 Seasons)
  • The Rockford Files (6 Seasons)
  • Rosemary and Thyme (3 Seasons)
  • Saved by the Bell (4 Seasons)
  • SeaQuest 2032 DS (3 Seasons)
  • Sliders (5 Seasons)
  • Surface (1 Seasons)
  • United States of Tara (3 Seasons)
  • Xena: Warrior Princess (6 Seasons)
  • Xiolin Chronicles (1 Season)
+ 54 Documentary Series from Scripps are being removed from Netflix includes content from Food Network, Travel Channel, HGTV, Cooking Channel and DIY Network.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/titles-leaving-netflix-in-january-2017/

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
See kids... *This* is why you want to own physical copies of favorites and not rely on streaming services. Just like broadcast, they'll leave you hanging with little to no warning and a new found favorite will be unavailable for years or longer.

Couldn't agree more.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
See kids... *This* is why you want to own physical copies of favorites and not rely on streaming services. Just like broadcast, they'll leave you hanging with little to no warning and a new found favorite will be unavailable for years or longer.

The "LOL U STILL BY DISCS?" crowd just doesn't understand that.

They'll figure it out soon enough when Netflix is devoid of almost all content other than their few original shows once the major companies have all pulled a CBS and taken back their shows to put behind their own paywalls.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
That's alot of Shows especially classic tv. I wish someone would launch a single service that had classic television, but then you're right it would be individual studios lauching multiple services, so yes I'm glad I have a Plex Server with all my ripped TV DVD's on them, it never goes away

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Rockford is also on HULU, but not sure if it's all episode. They inexplicably have random missing episodes of some shows or entire seasons.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
Funny things is, I turned to disc because I wanted to watch what I wanted to watch, when I wanted to watch it. It helped me IMMENSELY with my son growing up as outside of football, he didn't know what a commercial was until he was nearly 10 years old. Now, with streaming trying to become the rage, people are giving up their "freedoms" for "convenience". Not me! I don't want Disney to be able to stop me from viewing Toy Story, Lion King, etc... just because another is coming out in theaters, a writer's strike, come licensing crap between xxx Streaming Inc. and Disney, or some "hiccup" in the system (I'm talking to you Amazon and Disney regarding Christmas videos a short while back).

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I recently watched Emergency! on Netflix and it was beautiful in HD. I thought it looked better than The Rockford Files episodes. In fact, a few of The Rockford Files didn't look to be in HD to me.

What a shame Universal released Emergency! on standard DVD instead of using these HD prints for a release on Bluray. Although I enjoyed seeing Emergency! in HD, I know it's only a matter of time, Netflix will change their scheduling and the opportunity will be gone. If Universal would release a Bluray of Emergency!, I'd snap it up immediately. No way I want to be dependent on streaming for my entertainment.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Rockford is also on HULU, but not sure if it's all episode. They inexplicably have random missing episodes of some shows or entire seasons.

Hulu has a reputation of dropping titles without notice. If Universal is pulling back these titles I wonder if they will also go away on Hulu. I know Emergency which is going away on Netflix is also going away on MeTV. Amazon had it on sale black Friday, now I wish I would have picked it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks