What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time March/April 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SafariScreenSnapz001.png

HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING (1967) BLU-RAY - March 14th

BABY BOOM (1987) BLU-RAY - March 14th

PEYTON PLACE (1957) BLU-RAY - March 14th

OUR MAN IN HAVANA (1959) BLU-RAY - March 14th

THE FORTUNE COOKIE (1966) BLU-RAY - April 11th

YEAR OF THE COMET (1992) BLU-RAY - April 11th

HOW TO STEAL A MILLION (1966) BLU-RAY - April 11th

YOU’LL NEVER GET RICH (1941) BLU-RAY - April 11th

ANOTHER WOMAN (1988) BLU-RAY - April 11th

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Three definitely, maybe more.

I'm fascinated to see what Sony have done with You'll Never Get Rich and what Twilight Time do with the music-only soundtrack. I've seen this film many times in repertory theaters and I never saw a really good print. Peyton Place is very welcome. The DVD is simply not good enough. I hope this is one of Fox's miraculous transfers.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
HOW TO STEAL A MILLION (1966) BLU-RAY - April 11th

gangnam_style_emoticon_by_goloops-d5irp9y.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

5 days ago:
Anyway, another film that it mentions is
HOW TO STEAL A MILLION (4K), so I hope this comes from TT too.
:D

Other than that I see 4 overall that I'd be interested in!

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another superb set of announcements.I'm thrilled about How to Succeed, and, of course, Peyton Place has been a top desired title for years (when we were at Fox last year, we were told they were working on it). Another Woody Allen, and probably the most interesting of the ones left from his United Artists years.

I think You Were Never Lovelier has a better score than You'll Never Get Rich (Kern vs. Porter), but you can't go wrong with either, so maybe we'll see the former at some future date.

Top marks, Twilight Time!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Yes Yes Yes to How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, Peyton Place and Baby Boom. A possible maybe for Our Man In Havana and How To Steal A Million. I'm okay with my DVDs of Another Woman and You'll Never Get Rich. Not interested in the others (I actively loathe Fortune Cookie).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Not so much for me this time around (as compared to the last few announcements), although BABY BOOM, HOW TO STEAL A MILLION, THE FORTUNE COOKIE and, if I can swing it, ANOTHER WOMAN are of interest.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Wow! Great line up of titles. Nice to see the Woody Allen films coming at a faster pace. I love Another Woman, it is one of his least appreciated films. It has the Bergman influence of Wild Strawberries.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
For me, five out of the nine releases. Though, I might try Another Woman too.

Better not let your wife know if youre married lol :D

All kidding aside, Im in for Peyton Place. The other movies I need to check out and see if they would be of interest :)

jauritt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Auritt
Is it too much to hope for that HTSIBWRT will include a stereo track (which, I'm guessing probably doesn't exist) instead of, or in addition to, mono?

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I think You Were Never Lovelier has a better score than You'll Never Get Rich (Kern vs. Porter), but you can't go wrong with either, so maybe we'll see the former at some future date.

I certainly hope we see You Were Never Lovelier on Blu-ray. My guess is that as the Astaire/Hayworth
team is now on Sony's radar, it's probably just a matter of time.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Is it too much to hope for that HTSIBWRT will include a stereo track (which, I'm guessing probably doesn't exist) instead of, or in addition to, mono?
To the best of my knowledge, HTSiBWRT was originally mono and has never been remixed, so a stereo track would have to be remixed from scratch. During the early days of DVD the studios did a lot of remixes, now not so much.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Regarding HTSIBWRT , By any miracle, has the "Coffee Break" musical number that was cut...been found? Rumor is the it indeed exists.

BixmanJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
That makes three new Hepburn titles in the next 4 months! (When you include the upcoming January Warner Archive release of Wait Until Dark). I might die of a heart attack if Criterion announces Roman Holiday in their next batch of announcements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks