What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ Two for the Road (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I was going to note that this is one of the great films of the '60s, but I'd be too definitive.

Two for the Road, directed by Stanley Donen, from a screenplay by Frederic Raphael, is one of the most multi-faceted, engrossing, intelligent films, ever made.

Just a friendly warning to get pre-orders in early...

and then spend a quiet decade or so with Mark and Joanna.

In an odd way, I've always thought of this as a good-natured Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

http://www.twilighttimemovies.com/news/the-road-between-i-do-and-i-dont/

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
Day one purchase. Wondering if the isolated score is the rerecording done for the LP or the original soundtrack.

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.
What a terrific movie! One of my all-time favorites. And great news about the upcoming Blu-ray. I haul out my old DVD of it every now and then as a reminder of what filmmakers are or perhaps were capable of doing once upon a time. It is one of those great under-appreciated films of decades past that, were it released in theaters for the first time today exactly as it is with no adjustments at all, would probably sweep the top Oscar categories and deserve every one of them.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Day one purchase. Wondering if the isolated score is the rerecording done for the LP or the original soundtrack.

I would say this will be the actual score from the soundtrack, synched with the picture. Mancini's scores were frequently re-recorded for LP release, with mostly inferior orchestrations. This will be a nice added feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks