What's new

Recommend Scanner? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've got thousands of 4x6 photos taken over a lifetime. I'd like to get the scanned. Guess I could go with a service but if I had the right scanner it might save me money and better results. Is the a quality scanner out there that has a document feeder that can reliably scan 4x6 prints and has a document feeder to automatically load them?

I think this might be a pipe dream. We all have these 4x6, etc and we all know they aren't perfectly flat.

Looking for something $30. Edit: I mean $300.

Edit: I posted in Apple because I have a 4K 27" iMac running Sierra.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I bought an Epson v600 Photo scanner. It's a flat bed and reviews on Amazon said it was very good. They also said it works on Sierra and that it didn't work on Sierra. Well it does work on Sierra.

However there are behaviors I don't like. If I use the epson scan software, it will create a computer file. That's ok. If I use Photoshop CS6 I get an open document and it also creates a file on the Mac. I don't like that and I can't find any setting in the software to change it.

It has buttons on the front to copy, email, create pdf, and scan. None of them work, which kinda sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks