What's new

Issues With Philips HTS5580w (1 Viewer)

brainfreze27

Auditioning
Real Name
Joshua
Hello all!
I just recently got an HTS5580w home theater system. I hooked most of it up but the blu ray player wont play blu ray disc. I tried playing the star wars collection but i kept getting an unknown disc error and it wont play. However i tried regular dvds and they play just fine. Any ideas? i tried updating the software but it says there is no updates available. I was also wondering if maybe i could just ditch the blu ray player and somehow hook the speakers up to my xbox one because i really have no need for the blu ray player the only purpose it serves to me is that that is where the speakers hook up to.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
It's a 2008 system, so perhaps the old software just isn't up to the challenge of the newer Blu moves. May want to ditch the setup and look for a new player and system if you can.

brainfreze27

Auditioning
Real Name
Joshua
It's a 2008 system, so perhaps the old software just isn't up to the challenge of the newer Blu moves. May want to ditch the setup and look for a new player and system if you can.
Any recommendations? anything i can do with the speakers? Can i just buy a new receiver and still usse the speakers?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
If they don't have proprietary speaker cables, then sure, if you want. Just make sure they can be powered by today's receivers, you don't want to blow them. I'd still garage sale the whole set and start with new stuff, even if it's a new HTiAB since they are so cheap these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks