What's new

Articles displaying oddly in Safari (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My browser (Safari) has been behaving rather oddly when viewing articles for a little while. This has NOT been the case ever since the changeover to the new formatting, but is a more recent issue.

When I first navigate to the forum, which I do from a bookmark, Safari has recently been telling me that it can't verify the identity of the website hometheaterforum.com and do I want to continue to navigate to it, or not (of course, since I've been coming here for years I always say yes.)

Then, I get to the forum and everything looks normal, HTML and images and everything is the way it should be.

But when I view the articles, such as the RoundUp or reviews that open in a separate window from actual forum threads, all the HTML formatting goes away and it's just text and links in a very disorganized looking fashion. I assume this has something to do with how my browser (Safari) is displaying it, but don't know that I did anything to prompt this.

Especially because the forum itself looks normal when reading threads, this is rather puzzling and I'm not sure what to make of it, but thought I would mention it.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ever consider switching to Firefox or Chrome? They seem to be the top choices of most surfers I think.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I use Firefox for HTF and get a little warning triangle on top of the SSL lock icon. HTF's certificate appears to be good and the warning is triggered by "insecure" links on the page - ads, I guess.

Perhaps Safari is more paranoid about that. I used to keep a copy on my computer until they quit supporting it for PCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks