What's new

Anyone know what happened to schan1269 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
He appeared in 2012 and was on a record pace for posts created but last august was his last post.

Just wondering since he was probably the most active member during his first three years or so here.

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
He appeared in 2012 and was on a record pace for posts created but last august was his last post.

Just wondering since he was probably the most active member during his first three years or so here.

He was either banned, or he got tired of telling everyone how terrible LCD technology was ! !

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
He had a lot of good advice, and informative posts on HTF.
Wish he would return:(

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Haven't heard anything. He joined the forum and was really active during a slow time in his professional life. He got much busier some time later, and his posting slowed down. It seems a reasonable guess that life got busy and he set aside forum involvement.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
At first I thought his LCD bashing was a bit much. Then I saw a comparison of Plasma vs. LCD first hand. After that I agreed with him wholeheartedly, unfortunately Plasma was already dead And I don't pay double retail price for any used TV so I am stuck with what I have. A high end Sony 4K model from 2016 that doesn't look as good as my brother's Plasma display from 2009:(

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hmm ok. I thought he had a position here since his banner under his name says reviewer but I never saw any of his reviews.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Sam was (is) extremely knowledgeable, but he was a coarse, no-nonsense guy who firmly called-out a bad idea for what is was. I didn't take it personally, but I did find myself explaining his perspective a few times to newbies. If you go back to threads with his posts I think you'll find that people often posted angry responses to his posts. I think we lost some new "members" because of his tone, and since the HTF seems to be less active than it once was I don't think we can afford to lose new members. (I don't know about you guys, but I'm on AVS much more than I was in the past, which was never.) So personally I think he should have been asked to stay away from the Beginner's forum by management.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks