What's new

Pioneer VSX-516-K no audio (1 Viewer)

GPp

Auditioning
Real Name
Glenn
I have had this receiver for several years now. It has functioned without complaint. Today I wall mounted my TV and reorganized my AV components and wiring. I didn't bother to record how the wiring was connected but I am reasonably certain I reconnected everything correctly. especially the speakers. Now there's no sound from my Dish Network connection. I have the Dish receiver connected from the component connection to the component connection TV/SAT IN2. The input selector is on TV/SAT. It is definitely no on mute and the volume is up. I've been reading the manual and browsing forums but can't find a suggestion. Help!!!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
“Component” typically means a video connection, specifically the red/blue/green connections. Hopefully you also have the red/white audio connections in place as well.

Depending on settings, a receiver’s input can be expecting either an analog or digital signal, and won’t work if it’s getting the wrong one. Check the menu and make sure the TV/SAT 2 is set for “Analog” or “Auto.”

By the way, you should be using a digital coax or optical connection between the Dish receiver and Pioneer. You can't get 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound with the analog red/white connection.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks