What's new

Pioneer VSX-516-K no audio (1 Viewer)

GPp

Auditioning
Real Name
Glenn
I have had this receiver for several years now. It has functioned without complaint. Today I wall mounted my TV and reorganized my AV components and wiring. I didn't bother to record how the wiring was connected but I am reasonably certain I reconnected everything correctly. especially the speakers. Now there's no sound from my Dish Network connection. I have the Dish receiver connected from the component connection to the component connection TV/SAT IN2. The input selector is on TV/SAT. It is definitely no on mute and the volume is up. I've been reading the manual and browsing forums but can't find a suggestion. Help!!!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
“Component” typically means a video connection, specifically the red/blue/green connections. Hopefully you also have the red/white audio connections in place as well.

Depending on settings, a receiver’s input can be expecting either an analog or digital signal, and won’t work if it’s getting the wrong one. Check the menu and make sure the TV/SAT 2 is set for “Analog” or “Auto.”

By the way, you should be using a digital coax or optical connection between the Dish receiver and Pioneer. You can't get 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound with the analog red/white connection.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks