Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
Independence Day: Resurgence
Zoolander No. 2

WORST ACTOR
Ben Affleck / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Gerard Butler / Gods of Egypt & London Has Fallen
Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Robert de Niro / Dirty Grandpa
Dinesh D’Souza [as Himself] / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
Ben Stiller / Zoolander No. 2

WORST ACTRESS
Megan Fox / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Tyler Perry / BOO! A Medea Halloween
Julia Roberts / Mother’s Day
Becky Turner [as Hillary Clinton] / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
Naomi Watts / Divergent Series: Allegiant & Shut-In
Shailene Woodley / Divergent Series: Allegiant

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Julianne Hough / Dirty Grandpa
Kate Hudson / Mother’s Day
Aubrey Plaza / Dirty Grandpa
Jane Seymour / Fifty Shades of Black
Sela Ward / Independence Day: Resurgence
Kristen Wiig / Zoolander No. 2

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Nicolas Cage / Snowden
Johnny Depp / Alice Through the Looking Glass
Will Ferrell / Zoolander No. 2
Jesse Eisenberg / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Jared Leto / Suicide Squad
Owen Wilson / Zoolander No. 2

WORST SCREEN COMBO
Ben Affleck & His BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Any 2 Egyptian Gods or Mortals / Gods of Egypt
Johnny Depp & His Vomitously Vibrant Costume / Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actors / Collateral Beauty
Tyler Perry & That Same Old Worn Out Wig / BOO! A Medea Halloween
Ben Stiller and His BFF (Barely Funny Friend) Owen Wilson / Zoolander No. 2

WORST DIRECTOR
Dinesh D’Souza and Bruce Schooley / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
Roland Emmerich / Independence Day: Resurgence
Tyler Perry / BOO! A Medea Halloween
Alex Proyas / Gods of Egypt
Zack Snyder / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben Stiller / Zoolander No. 2

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Dawn of Justice
Fifty Shades of Black
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Zoolander No. 2

WORST SCREENPLAY
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Dirty Grandpa
Gods of Egypt
Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
Suicide Squad

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like they hit everyone in Dirty Grandpa except Zac Efron. I wonder why he escaped?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ben Affleck didn't deserve this nomination. His performance was almost universally praised in this movie.

Really? I found him to be one of the worst Batman actors to date.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I bought BvS at a sale several months back, but haven't yet worked up the courage to watch it. Given all the razzies, maybe I shouldn't bother.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I agree with Wayne, Affleck was a really good Batman in an overstuffed, mess of a movie. I bought the Blu-ray and found the extended cut to be a bit better. I don't hate the movie, there is some good stuff in there but it's not terrible either. I've seen a lot worse.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I disagree with the inclusion of Gods of Egypt. It was a very fun popcorn flick. There wasn't anything crummy about it. The acting wasn't the greatest, I'll admit that, but it was far from laughable. I saw it in 3D and it was very impressive. I'm usually not a fan of CGI fests, but this one was really well done, and was convincing. It's rare to see a good film based on Egyptian Mythology, and the story was compelling. I realize there was a lot of hate for not casting actors/actresses of Egyptian origin (and who the Egyptians are now is probably far removed from the peoples that lived there millennia ago), but that shouldn't automatically nominate it for a Razzie.

I hope Zoolander 2 wins everything it was nominated for. This movie is the reason why sequels should not be greenlit just because they can. A terrible black mark for everyone involved in my opinion. The first film was hilarious. What happened?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Some of you guys are talking about the razzies like it's a legit thing. All they do is pick some reviled movies and nominate virtually everyone associated with them. Or they just pick on actors/actresses they don't like or films that offend them politically (and not to poke at a hornets nest here, but nominating Hillary's America reeks of that)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Some of you guys are talking about the razzies like it's a legit thing. All they do is pick some reviled movies and nominate virtually everyone associated with them. Or they just pick on actors/actresses they don't like or films that offend them politically (and not to poke at a hornets nest here, but nominating Hillary's America reeks of that)

I agree that this is their approach, but it strikes me as really lazy. Put some real thought into the actual worst - don't just grab a list of easily-recognizable films with flaws.

The Razzies feel like they've turned into nothing more than a representation of Internet snark...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Ben Affleck didn't deserve this nomination. His performance was almost universally praised in this movie.

I wasn't wild about Affeck but I don't think he did poorly.

Like I said in my other post, the Razzies to shoot easy targets and put little effort into it...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they hit everyone in Dirty Grandpa except Zac Efron. I wonder why he escaped?

Good question.

Plaza's nomination reinforces my belief that the Razzies are just lazy - she was the only good thing about the stupid movie! She actually made parts of it watchable!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't wild about Affeck but I don't think he did poorly.

Like I said in my other post, the Razzies to shoot easy targets and put little effort into it...

Yep, it's like they'll nominate a bad movie they didn't like and also nominate the cinematographer even if the movie was photographed great.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Good question.

Plaza's nomination reinforces my belief that the Razzies are just lazy - she was the only good thing about the stupid movie! She actually made parts of it watchable!

Probably because Efron is kind of "hot" right now. Other than that, I don't know why.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Probably because Efron is kind of "hot" right now. Other than that, I don't know why.

Is Efron actually "hot" right now? His 3 2016 movies all failed to do well at the box office, and his single 2015 film was an epic flop!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Is Efron actually "hot" right now? His 3 2016 movies all failed to do well at the box office, and his single 2015 film was an epic flop!

Well, I might be kind of tainted on this because I literally just finished watching "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and Efron was seen in that as the "Hot" guy. Kind of made me feel that the powers that be don't want to trash him. But like I said, other than that I have no idea.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
By any metric I can think of, Suicide Squad was far worse than Batman v Superman (which I actually kinda liked in its extended form).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks