What's new

A problem occurred with this webpage (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
IMG_1773.PNG
This morning I have been seeing quite a few random page reloads with the error message: "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded". It sometimes occurs as the page is loading but usually while I'm typing a thread post, causing me to have to go back to the thread. Luckily the auto draft save feature is caching my thread replies so they're. It getting lost. I'm using Safari on iOS 10.2.1.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Clinton,

FYI i'm trying to reproduce this. So far I haven't been able to. It's possible it was an ad unit.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Thanks for looking into it, Dave. This week I have been using my Mac to browse and post to the Forum but I will try going mobile on my iPhone again and see if it is still happening.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Update - I saw the error again on a different site so I think you are spot-on, Dave. I think there may be certain ads in which the coding causes an error in Safari for iOS. I don't run ad-blockers on my iPhone anymore but perhaps I should turn them on again and see what happens. Since I am a paid supporter, I shouldn't be seeing ads anyway, correct? There was a brief period where my yearly "donation" lapsed because my old cc expired and I forgot to update my payment method. That's been corrected and I haven't seen any ads or crashes on HTF via iOS this morning.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
C
Update - I saw the error again on a different site so I think you are spot-on, Dave. I think there may be certain ads in which the coding causes an error in Safari for iOS. I don't run ad-blockers on my iPhone anymore but perhaps I should turn them on again and see what happens. Since I am a paid supporter, I shouldn't be seeing ads anyway, correct? There was a brief period where my yearly "donation" lapsed because my old cc expired and I forgot to update my payment method. That's been corrected and I haven't seen any ads or crashes on HTF via iOS this morning.
Yes, since you are a supporter you aren't seeing any ads.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
I get that "reload" situation on HTF frequently when using Safari on my iPad, but then again I'm still on iOS 8, so perhaps that has something to do woth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks