What's new

HARD TIMES (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
For those members that missed the Blu-ray release of Hard Times from Twilight Masters Of Cinema will be releasing the title from a new 4K restoration. Masters Of Cinema is similar to Criterion they remaster when necessary the blu-ray transfer while also including a booklet. Hard Times can be ordered from Amazon.UK with a release date of April 24th.

Hard.jpg

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
For those members that missed the Blu-ray release of Hard Times from Twilight Masters Of Cinema will be releasing the title from a new 4K restoration. Masters Of Cinema is similar to Criterion they remaster when necessary the blu-ray transfer while also including a booklet. Hard Times can be ordered from Amazon.UK with a release date of April 24th.

View attachment 36612

Sony remastered it.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A lot of titles originally released by Twilight Time are now being given a new lease of life on European labels. And it works in both directions. Two For The Road and Inferno came out on Blu-ray disc in Europe several months before Twilight Time announced their discs.

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad development. Profit margins for boutique labels seem to be minimal, and if firms like Twilight Time lose their overseas customers, that must surely make things more difficult. On the other hand, there are many people who have no wish to buy a zone-free Blu-ray player.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce

View attachment 36612

I hope you're not trying to say that this is a NEW transfer from a 4K restoration because it most certainly is not. It is the exact transfer Twilight Time released. Ooh, and a booklet, too - I seem to recall Twilight Time having an nice essay by Julie Kirgo. And of course Masters of Cinema didn't do the restoration, Sony did, as someone has already pointed out. They had nothing to do with this transfer, just as Twilight Time had nothing to do with it.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Why would anyone need a zone free player, wasn't the original TT release region free?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Why would anyone need a zone free player, wasn't the original TT release region free?

At that point I was talking about boutique labels in general, not just Twilight Time. It is true that Twilight Time discs are Zone Free, but discs from other boutique labels are not.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter

Based on the premise that the TT release sold-out, so now anyone in the States who must own this film on BR (and is averse to paying scalper's prices on Ebay) has to import this one from the UK.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn

View attachment 36612
Just purchased this bluray from Germany and the quality is outstanding........a pity the UK announcement was made after my purchase as I would have waited...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks