What's new

A PEEK AT THE YAKUZA (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Rather surprised not to see anything about this film other than the release announcement. So, let me be the first. a) a real, honest-to-goodness 70s movie, the kind they would not know how to make today. While I'm not in the masterpiece camp, it's a really good movie with great performances by Mitchum, Ken Takakura, Brian Keith and everyone else. Great score by Dave Grusin, beautiful photography, and a really good screenplay by Paul Schrader AND Robert Towne.

The transfer is, to my eyes, gorgeous. A no-brainer, really.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Rather surprised not to see anything about this film other than the release announcement. So, let me be the first. a) a real, honest-to-goodness 70s movie, the kind they would not know how to make today. While I'm not in the masterpiece camp, it's a really good movie with great performances by Mitchum, Ken Takakura, Brian Keith and everyone else. Great score by Dave Grusin, beautiful photography, and a really good screenplay by Paul Schrader AND Robert Towne.

The transfer is, to my eyes, gorgeous. A no-brainer, really.
Totally agree....watched mine Friday, it had been years since I last saw it. It made a much bigger impression on me that it did originally. The transfer is a beaut.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Totally agree with Bruce (and Alex) too - I honestly never thought that this would ever make it to high def let alone a remaster. Thank you Warner!

I love this movie - was the first movie which made a fan of Robert Mitchum and introduced me to Ken Takakura.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks