What's new

Projector, cable, xbox (1 Viewer)

Bremmy

Auditioning
Real Name
Jill Bremseth
Is there a way to have an option to watch tv through a tv or projector? I am replacing a projector (not 1080). I have the comcast cable box to tv with hdmi cable, then component video from cable box to projector. This allows tv on tv, or projector. (Have an xbox one connected to projector for movies, gaming, etc with hdmi cable) New projector is 1080p and only has 2 hdmi ports. I know I can run cable box to xbox with hdmi and setup tv in xbox. I can run cable box to projector with hdmi. But what I wondered is if I can set this up in any way to have the option to watch tv not using projector. If I add a blueray to the tv, then send that blueray hdmi to projector I think it would work, but I would have to use component cables from tv to blueray and not sure what that does to quality. Am I missing something or trying to do the impossible? Any suggestions?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I'm kind of confused with all the different inputs and sources going this way and that. It sounds like you need an AVR with dual HDMI monitor outs like this Denon S920W refurb for $360. Run all the sources (cable, BR player, Xbox..) into the AVR and run one monitor port to the TV and one to the projector. Now just turn on whatever video device you want to watch and away you go.

Bremmy

Auditioning
Real Name
Jill Bremseth
I did end up getting this to work. Connected cable box to xbox with hdmi and xbox to projector with hdmi. Then also connected cable box to tv with component hookup. Now my son games on projector and watches Wild hockey on tv. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks