What's new

Dracula Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
174335_front.jpg

Dracula / Dracula's Daughter / Son of Dracula / House of Frankenstein / House of Dracula / Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Hoping someone brings out Daughter and Son as a Blu Ray twofer--the rest have been issued already.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They did the same thing with the wolfman set. All repeats except for 2 films but so far they have not released the films individually or as two fers. Since they priced these sets low that may not be in the cards. When these are on sale they are not much more than a twofer disc.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh good. Three more legacy sets and I'll have a copy of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein for every day of the week.

Personally, I can't wait until they finally release a complete Abbott and Costello box on Blu, so then they can collect all the individual Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein discs from the various sets into one super mega Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein box set!

Anyway, I held off on Universal monsters on Blu waiting for the character based sets, so I'm sold on Dracula.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I'm excited that we are getting this and The Mummy series on Blu-ray. Hope all the films are 4k restorations.

And I like that Universal puts all the films in a series in one box.
As for repeats and duplicate discs, in these small packages and at the prices that one really pays prior to release, not a problem.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Oh good. Three more legacy sets and I'll have a copy of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein for every day of the week.
I'm pretty sure ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) won't be included on The Mummy; The Invisible Man; or The Creature Legacy Blu-ray sets. ;)

I do get your meaning, however. Quite duplicitous! :D

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm excited that we are getting this and The Mummy series on Blu-ray. Hope all the films are 4k restorations.

And I like that Universal puts all the films in a series in one box.
As for repeats and duplicate discs, in these small packages and at the prices that one really pays prior to release, not a problem.
Based on the previously released Frankenstein and Wolf Man Legacy Blu-ray sets, I'd say THE MUMMY (1932) will be the same version as the 2012 release. Other than this and the upcoming Original Aspect Ratio (Finally!) release of ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE MUMMY (1955), I think it's hard to say which sequels will have the 4K restoration treatment.

While I've never really been into the Universal Mummy series, and have only viewed the first and the latter Abbott And Costello feature, I'm thinking the sequels might be good for their cheese factor, if that makes any sense? I could see watching these in conjunction with our mid '00s DVD of KING TUT: TUTANKHAMUN AND THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE PHAROAHS, narrated by the late Omar Sharif, which would bring a welcome dose of reality to the proceedings, plus serve as a reminder of the King Tut exhibit tour that we took at Chicago's Field Museum back in the summer of 2006!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Bringing this topic back to the upcoming DRACULA: COMPLETE LEGACY COLLECTION Blu-ray set, I do hope for 4K restorations of DRACULA'S DAUGHTER (1936) and SON OF DRACULA (1943). However, if they are merely cleaned up, I just hope neither of these features end up with the audio drop issue that befell WEREWOLF OF LONDON (1935) on last year's Wolf Man Legacy Blu-ray set. The other titles which have been previously issued to (Region A) Blu-ray should be fine, as Universal has been using the same 4K restoration transfers for these!

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Tony....I know this is the wrong thread, but.....I think you'll enjoy the MUMMY sequels. Everyone has their own opinions, but I think THE MUMMY'S HAND is quite strong (love the effect with Tyler's blacked out eyes!). TOMB rehashes hand, replete with stock footage from the same, but features the same lead characters later in life. I find GHOST the most interminable (although others here disagree) despite John Carradine's presence. CURSE is one of the few Universal horrors that features a musical number! It's also fun to see the progression of the "high priests" from film to film (Ciannelli to Zucco). Not to mention how Kharis ends up in a swamp in Louisiana when last seen in New England!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The price has dropped to $29.99 at Amazon - the version without the DC and Movie Cash. The price is currently reflected on the HTF link in the first post.

The version with DC and Movie Cash is on the same page but listed as if it's a different product (well... it is since it comes with "bonus" stuff) and can be accessed by selecting the item beneath the "plane Jane" release. That one is still $39.99.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone who shops at Costco, I believe they had the Frankenstein and Wolfman sets for $26.99 each last year. Hopefully they'll have these, as well.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I believe they will. I paid Amazon $19.99 each for the Frankenstein and Wolf Man sets last year. I expect these will hit that same low price by release date.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I believe they will. I paid Amazon $19.99 each for the Frankenstein and Wolf Man sets last year. I expect these will hit that same low price by release date.
Not likely the case in Canada unfortunately, although I partly blame our crappy exchange rate! If anything, they'll likely climb a bit on Amazon Canada during the preorder period and a bit after, at least! That's just the way of it. :rolleyes:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
*Both* versions of this release are currently $29.99 at Amazon. Choose carefully as the DC/Movie Cash version is only on one of these and both are available from the same page. One is shown as a 2nd release.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
*Both* versions of this release are currently $29.99 at Amazon. Choose carefully as the DC/Movie Cash version is only on one of these and both are available from the same page. One is shown as a 2nd release.
The non-Movie Cash/DC version is now a bit lower at $27.69.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks