What's new

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Disc 1 - The Mummy (1999):
  • Feature Commentary with Director Stephen Sommers and Editor Bob Ducsay
  • Feature Commentary with Actor Brendan Fraser
  • Feature Commentary with actors Oded Fehr, Kevin J. O'Connor & Arnold Vosloo

Disc 2 - The Mummy Returns:
  • Feature Commentary with Director/Writer Stephen Sommers and Executive Producer/Editor Bob Ducsay

Disc 3 - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor:
  • Feature Commentary with Director Rob Cohen

Disc 4 - The Mummy (1999):
  • Digital Copy of The Mummy (1999) (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
  • Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Feature Commentary with Director/Writer Stephen Sommers and Executive Producer/Editor Bob Ducsay
  • Feature Commentary with Actor Brendan Fraser
  • Feature Commentary with Actors Oded Fehr, Kevin J. O'Connor and Arnold Vosloo
  • The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Sneak Peek
  • Visual and Special Effects Formation
  • An Army to Rule the World Part 1
  • Unraveling the Legacy of The Mummy
  • Building a Better Mummy
  • Storyboard to Final Film Comparison
  • Photograph Montage
  • U-Control - Picture in Picture
  • BD-Live Enabled
  • My Scenes

Disc 5 - The Mummy Returns:
  • Digital Copy of The Mummy Returns (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
  • Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
  • Outtakes
  • Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Sneak Peek
  • An Army to Rule the World Part 2
  • Unraveling the Legacy of The Mummy
  • Visual and Special Effects Formation
  • An Exclusive Conversation with The Rock
  • Spotlight On Location
  • Storyboard to Final Film Comparison
  • Live "Forever May Not Be Long Enough" Music Video
  • BD-Live Enabled
  • My Scenes

Disc 6 - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor:
  • Digital Copy of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
  • U-Control - Scene Explorer
  • BD-Live - My Scenes Sharing
  • BD-Live - Exclusive Content
  • U-Control - Know Your Mummy
  • U-Control - The Dragon Emperor's Challenge
  • U-Control - Visual Commentary with Director Rob Cohen
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • The Making of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
  • From City to Desert
  • Legacy of the Terra Cotta
  • Feature Commentary with Director Rob Cohen

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
If the Mummy is coming in UHD, that means that there is a new 4K scan and we will see it in regular bluray too, since the original bluray is quite bad looking?
I'd like to have the first movie for nostalgia's sake but couldn't bring myself to buy that bluray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If the Mummy is coming in UHD, that means that there is a new 4K scan and we will see it in regular bluray too, since the original bluray is quite bad looking?
I'd like to have the first movie for nostalgia's sake but couldn't bring myself to buy that bluray.
What's wrong with the original blu-ray?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
huh?
First of all there is no grain at all.
Secondly, there is edge enhancement I think?
http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=4195&d2=4196&s1=39069&s2=39079&i=7&l=0
http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=4195&d2=4196&s1=39065&s2=39075&i=3&l=0
http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=4195&d2=4196&s1=39070&s2=39080&i=8&l=0

I don't see this competing with any bluray coming from 4k scan or even 2k ones.
I asked because I don't remember the issues with it so don't get defensive.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
The best news is the UHD is getting DTS X audio so the Jerry Goldsmith score should sound even better.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I have the old Mummy bluray collection. I guess I need to watch it again, I don't remember the first film looking bad.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
:laugh:
One of them comes with Fandango Movie Cash for the new Mummy film this summer. Like they're doing with the Mummy Legacy Collection releases.
I was hoping that was the reason as I couldn't find any such information on either link. Perhaps, I didn't pay enough close attention to what I read about them. Anyhow, I ended up pre-ordering the release for $47.86 which probably doesn't have the Fandango Movie Cash.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I was hoping that was the reason as I couldn't find any such information on either link. Perhaps, I didn't pay enough close attention to what I read about them. Anyhow, I ended up pre-ordering the release for $47.86 which probably doesn't have the Fandango Movie Cash.
The current $54.99 release (2nd in the list on the item page) has the Fandango Movie Cash. That means the "free" movie cash currently costs $7.13. Of course you can pre-order both and cancel the one with the higher price before it ships, milking the price guarantee for all it's worth. Should that one be the movie cash version it's a double win. :)

It would be nice if they stated up front if the movie cash is a full admission ticket or just a specified dollar off a ticket price.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
At the time of their original release I had no interest in seeing these films but after repeatedly reading about how much fun they are, I finally caught up with them all on BD about a year ago. Indeed, I had a blast and recommend them to anyone who's avoided them thus far but appreciates old-fashioned family-friendly, Saturday morning serial-type filmmaking. They're replete with tongue-in-cheek heroics, plentiful and witty one-liners, and one seemingly-inescapable cliffhanger after another.

That said, the CGI they rely so heavily on is frequently undercooked. Budgetary constraints clearly weren't a problem, so I suppose the makers aimed for the stylistically impressive, rather than actual realism. It ranges from poor (see frequent worst-CGI-list-topper The Mummy Returns' final fight) to pretty good. In short, I imagine that what looks ok on DVD and often merely passable on BD could potentially look extremely cartoony on 4K/UHD disc.

Re the above posts, it's interesting how far we've come in our expectations of BD quality; cf. Robert Harris's original reviews, here and here. In the case of these films, the current DNRed, edge-enhanced transfers bother me far less than they might in many older or more 'serious' films. In fact, if anything, it probably helps the suspect CGI and live action blend more seamlessly. I'll be interested to see how the new transfers turn out though and whether they're worth picking up.

Lastly, I don't think this package can be fairly described as the "Ultimate" anything, since Universal have erred in not including The Scorpion King (2002) prequel. It's as enjoyable as the three Mummy films and fits well into the series.
I haven't thus far braved the unrelated, poorly-received Scorpion King 2, 3 and 4 sequels and unless someone chimes in to convince me I'm really missing out, I'll continue to do so... ^_^

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have the first two on blu ray. The first was great, the second was ok, and the third was a steaming pile of who-know-what, IMHO. So I don't feel the need to buy this set.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
At the time of their original release I had no interest in seeing these films but after repeatedly reading about how much fun they are, I finally caught up with them all on BD about a year ago. Indeed, I had a blast and recommend them to anyone who's avoided them thus far but appreciates old-fashioned family-friendly, Saturday morning serial-type filmmaking. They're replete with tongue-in-cheek heroics, plentiful and witty one-liners, and one seemingly-inescapable cliffhanger after another.

That said, the CGI they rely so heavily on is frequently undercooked. Budgetary constraints clearly weren't a problem, so I suppose the makers aimed for the stylistically impressive, rather than actual realism. It ranges from poor (see frequent worst-CGI-list-topper The Mummy Returns' final fight) to pretty good. In short, I imagine that what looks ok on DVD and often merely passable on BD could potentially look extremely cartoony on 4K/UHD disc.

Re the above posts, it's interesting how far we've come in our expectations of BD quality; cf. Robert Harris's original reviews, here and here. In the case of these films, the current DNRed, edge-enhanced transfers bother me far less than they might in many older or more 'serious' films. In fact, if anything, it probably helps the suspect CGI and live action blend more seamlessly. I'll be interested to see how the new transfers turn out though and whether they're worth picking up.

Lastly, I don't think this package can be fairly described as the "Ultimate" anything, since Universal have erred in not including The Scorpion King (2002) prequel. It's as enjoyable as the three Mummy films and fits well into the series.
I haven't thus far braved the unrelated, poorly-received Scorpion King 2, 3 and 4 sequels and unless someone chimes in to convince me I'm really missing out, I'll continue to do so... ^_^
Here's the real odd part about that release.

The new "Ultimate" BR/Digital release does contain The Scorpion King. So why didn't they include it in the UHD release? FWIW the UHD release is "The Ultimate Mummy Trilogy" and not the "Ultimate Collection." I'll be picking up the BR release as I don't own UDH equipment (and am not likely to in the foreseeable future) so will get all 4 films.

I saw the first film in the theater - a rare event for me but one of the local theaters (we had 2 then - only 1 now) was running daily bargain matinees - $4.50 for the film, small popcorn, small drink. Their matinee times included all showings up to and including 5:30pm. I was working the 5:30am-2pm shift at a local TV station (I trained the new directors and that was the training shift). A coworker and I saw pretty much everything that came out that summer. A couple of times per week we'd get off at 2, go straight to the theater, and watch a movie. I thought it was great fun and wondered why others seemed to not like it. It had everything you'd want in such a film. Like you say, a "old-fashioned family-friendly, Saturday morning serial type film."

I like the sequels too - even The Scorpion King. I've not seen The Scorpion King 2-4 either and have no desire to do so.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Here's the real odd part about that release.

The new "Ultimate" BR/Digital release does contain The Scorpion King. So why didn't they include it in the UHD release? FWIW the UHD release is "The Ultimate Mummy Trilogy" and not the "Ultimate Collection." I'll be picking up the BR release as I don't own UDH equipment (and am not likely to in the foreseeable future) so will get all 4 films.

I saw the first film in the theater - a rare event for me but one of the local theaters (we had 2 then - only 1 now) was running daily bargain matinees - $4.50 for the film, small popcorn, small drink. Their matinee times included all showings up to and including 5:30pm. I was working the 5:30am-2pm shift at a local TV station (I trained the new directors and that was the training shift). A coworker and I saw pretty much everything that came out that summer. A couple of times per week we'd get off at 2, go straight to the theater, and watch a movie. I thought it was great fun and wondered why others seemed to not like it. It had everything you'd want in such a film. Like you say, a "old-fashioned family-friendly, Saturday morning serial type film."

I like the sequels too - even The Scorpion King. I've not seen The Scorpion King 2-4 either and have no desire to do so.
"Why didn't they include" the Scorpion King. Very good question. Sometimes I think the suits are sitting around the table and they think "The blu ray Ultimate was all 4 movies, but this is UHD. We're giving them to much if we include Scorpion."

I liked the first movie from the start, but any reservations I had went totally away when the "juicy" mummy roars at Brendan Frasier and he roars right back. Nearly a fall out my seat moment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The current $54.99 release (2nd in the list on the item page) has the Fandango Movie Cash. That means the "free" movie cash currently costs $7.13. Of course you can pre-order both and cancel the one with the higher price before it ships, milking the price guarantee for all it's worth. Should that one be the movie cash version it's a double win. :)

It would be nice if they stated up front if the movie cash is a full admission ticket or just a specified dollar off a ticket price.
The release with the Fandango Movie Cash dropped to $45.96 so I preordered it and cancelled my original order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks