What's new

JBL V.S. B&W Center (1 Viewer)

Badies

Grip
Real Name
Michael
Trying to pick out a decent center that will provide, preferably, a warm sound. I found the JBL Studio Series 3-Way S-Center for the same price as the B&W CC3. From what I am reading, the B&W would probably fit the timbre of my front left and right (warm vintage speakers), but it seems like the JBL might be the superior choice. Does anyone have any input for either/both of these centers?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How is it superior? Does it sound better to you? If it does and you got it, would it completely ruin the front sound stage when sounds from the left and right are different then the center?

If it sounds good to you, then it is good. Otherwise, stick with the center made to match the mains.

Badies

Grip
Real Name
Michael
Don't have either, was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I understand that it is hard to know for sure how it would sound in my particular room, just wanted to hear opinions of each.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have loved JBL for many years but IMHO the entry level stuff is no where near what they used to be. I personally upgraded my center to a B&W from a Polk and I was looking at Polk, JBL and a few other brands including B&W. Sound is very subjective so what sound good to me or to anyone else in the forum may not sound great to you. I would give the Bowers & Wilkins a listen though as I think you will like there sound. Not saying the JBL do not sound good and there are speakers that are not as good as the JBL!

Bowers & Wilkins HTM61 C2 Center Channel replacing the Polk CS100 Center
IMG_5525.JPG

IMG_5539a - Copy.jpg

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've owned a complete 7.1 set of B&W 600 Series speakers for over 15 years now, and I am still delighted with the sound from them. My center is a LCR6. I originally bought the smaller model (I think it was a CCR6), but the speaker seemed to get overwhelmed by the 604 towers it was matched with. So, I exchanged the center for the larger LCR6, and have been happy with the sound match ever since.

I've never listened to JBL's higher end speakers, but I do own two pair of their smaller, less expensive Northridge line, which are used for a music-only application in our basement recreation room. For the price paid (about $200 for all four speakers), they sound very good.

Richard_Hersey

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Hersey
Cannot tell about the B&W, but i have JBL series. The product is a great match for s38. The vocal is clean the build quality is great. i paired it with jbl century and there is no blurring or high end loss. My listening area is small so i could not test it further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks