What's new

Nearly blank canvas... (1 Viewer)

jnhughes

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicole
Hi all,

I've read a lot of posts from this site and others in the last few days, unfortunately, they just leave me with more questions.

We are building a new home and I want my husband to have a great home theater. That being said, I am struggling on where to put it. I thought I had it pinned down, but like I said before, these forums have left me with more questions...

The space is roughly 18x30. I prefer the theater here because it falls under the Master bedroom and bathroom. If on the opposite end, it would be under children's rooms. Will this work? Too big? Too small?

Thanks,
Nicole
basementpaint file.png

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A nice big rectangle like your 18' x 30' room will make a great theater room. It might be a bit narrow and long for the ideal layout, but few of us have a perfect room. But with that size you should be able to have a 120" screen and at least two rows of seating. With the depth, you could possibly have a third row, or a bar in the back with tables or interesting seating -- if you want to entertain a crowd and have the budget / interest.

TeddM

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent space for four wide seating!

You left out the third dimension, height. It does impact on design.

Proper design is to start with seating, and establish a desired number of seats. The real problem with such a long room is
most speakers are unable to play reference levels. Once the room starts to get large, then it starts to get expensive since there
are higher demands made on equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks